Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS v0.4 - Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

thanks Lordus for a truly breath taking entry into the ds emulation scene.

Decent 16bit emulation is something we all dream of for the DS, Genesis and Snes were and are the best consoles ever made for sheer awesome games.

anyone tried

Meglomania
    Super Skidmarks

DCEmu Newbie

Great! It's like breaking a law of gravity. Honestly I didn't expected that coming.

Did you wondered about using one screen for normal display and the second screen for zoomed view in the same time? At least DSs' 2 screens can be used somehow....

Dcemu Coder

Thanks for all the positive responses!

hadrian:
    Bio-Hazard Battle and Rocket Knight Adventures should definately work, i guess the roms are at fault here.
    Many of the other games work with the current cpu core, which also fixes some of the graphic glitches.
    Most of them are due to the hardware renderer though, which is still quite experimental.

XDelusion:
    If you know how to do that, then try changing address 0x1f0 of the tranlated rom from 'U' to 'J' in a hex editor, then it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyson
    Just out of interest, why is it hard to implement sound in to working emulators?
    The sound hardware of the Genesis needs a lot of power to be emulated. There is a Z80 as sound processor, a FM Chip and a PSG.
    It is like you would have a complete Master System emulator running at the same time. Not to mention that everything also has to be synchronized.

Quote Originally Posted by blindfold
    Did you wondered about using one screen for normal display and the second screen for zoomed view in the same time? At least DSs' 2 screens can be used somehow....
    A scaled view will be available with the software renderer. I dont see a way to do that with the HW renderer. To have both running at the same time would slow things down a lot.

for some odd reason i try to use this emu and i can't get it to load, and this was after i patched it, i'm using a max media dock if that helps.

DCEmu Pro

I can't believe that guy tested almost 100 games when you said that your newer cpu core will be 15-20% more compatible. That's the power of the 16bit dream.

DCEmu Newbie

Nice Lordus, thanks for sharing (compo or no)!

Wow. I think I speak for the rest of us in the community when I say "Thank you"
    This is top of the line for an alpha release. PictoDrive can't comepare to this. When this loaded Pirates!....I was sold for life.

So yeah, great work!

As for the sound. I believe that the way you are trying to go about might actually work. I would be so happy if I could hear the sounds of my childhood come back :-)

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

The GUI is actually really cool!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    The sound hardware of the Genesis needs a lot of power to be emulated. There is a Z80 as sound processor, a FM Chip and a PSG.
    It is like you would have a complete Master System emulator running at the same time. Not to mention that everything also has to be synchronized.
    Thanks for the reply! From reading your reply, it sounds as though it might not be possible to do, however, I'm sure you've got some sort of workaround planned.

I've just tried Beyond Oasis / Story of Thor which doesn't work with Picodrive and it runs at full speed!

I really couldn't believe my eyes! very impressive work indeed! :thumbup:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information