Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need To Know About YOU and your PSP!~!~!~!

Exclamation Everything You Need To Know About YOU and your PSP!~!~!~!

Update!-Sections competed
    Sections 1-8, 17 and 18.

Index

Section 1-What is a PSP and what does it have to offer to make me want to get it?

Section 2-What does the PSP come with when I buy it?

Section 3-What size memory sticks are available and what do you recommend I use (and what brand)

Section 4-Setting up your memory stick to begin using your psp properly.

Section 5-How do I get music, videos and photos onto my psp and what format should I use for the best quality?

Section 5A-Music
    Section 5B-Photos
    Section 5C-Videos

Section 6-Can I get the World Wide Web on here and if so, how do I get it working properly?

Section 6A-Setting up your connection
    Section 6B-Testing the connection!

Section 7-I've heard of homebrew!!!!! Can I get Emulators, user created games, and other fun things on my PSP?

Section 7A-Systems that support!
    Section 7B-Systems that DO NOT support!

Section 8-All of the different Firmwares available currently and the updates made on each software update.

Section 9-"Mine is compatible!" How to setup homebrew on the firmware you're running.

Section 9A-1.00 Firmware
    Section 9B-1.50 Firmware
    Section 9C-2.00 Firmware
    Section 9D-2.50 Firmware
    Section 9E-2.71 Firmware
    Section 9F-2.80 Firmware
    Section 9G-3.03 Firmware
    Section 9H-3.50 Firmware

Section 10-"I CAN NOT run homebrew! What should I do?"

Section 11-DOWNGRADING YOUR PSP, the pros, and the cons!

Section 12-Custom Firmwares and what they offer.

Section 12A-Dark Alex
    Section 12B-2.71 SE
    Section 12C-3.03 OE-A
    Section 12D-3.03 OE-B (C as well)
    Section 12E-3.10 OE
    Section 12F-3.30 OE
    Section 12G-3.40 OE
    Section 12H-3.51 M33!

Section 13-Accessories and what works the best?

Section 14-Games Available (And the good ones)

Section 15-Updates found on Games

Section 15A-How to block system updates.

Section 16-Can I improve the psp's game speed when I game online?

Section 17-Customizing your psp and what you can do with it to impress your friends and sometimes, even yourself!

Section 18-The PSP's battery life, how to save it, and which ones to use.

Section 19-Helpful advice, best emulators available, etc.

Section 20-ISOS, why sites hate them, and why they are bad for the PSP community

Section 21-The NEW slim PSP, its firmware and its advantages and disadvantages.

Section 22-Thank Yous and all that junk.

Now without further ado please scroll down 5-7 posts and you will find sections 1-7 to start. Dont worry!!!! Everything will be together so you dont have to jump through posts to find the rest of the tutorial! Enjoy, and I hope this solves any questions you have about the psp system!!

good info for the noobs.

Too bad there isn't <a name> functionality of some sort. That'd help a LOT!

PSP User

looks like it will be useful for all new users!

Nice should stop alot of stupid questions lol

This will be great for newbies.

DCEmu Rookie

This would do better as a simple web-based guide, not posts in a forum.

And btw he asked for no comments. (lol, self contradictory )

Thank god, you should have this linked on the front page. This is gonna take alot of work.

Exclamation

Hello everyone and welcome! I was sick of all you weirdos asking me questions about the psp and its capabilaties so I thought I would be a nice old chap and take time out of my life to make this for you people. I Hope You Enjoy And Find This Useful.
    Note-For a good thorough understanding, I suggest you skim the tutorial EVEN if you are focusing on a specific thing. I dont reiterrate things a lot! Hope this helps.

Section 1-What is the psp and why the heck should you bother purchasing it?

The Sony PSP which stands for Sony Playstation Portable is in fact, the future of handheld gaming!In the past the Nintendo Gameboy/Advance was the handhold to get your hands on but now, its time to put that aside and grab yourself a playstation portable. The graphics on the psp are far beyond what most of us could imagine. Think of it as a cross between the Sony Playstation and the Playstation 2. They are a little better than PS1, but not at PS2 quite yet. The psp is also a mini media center supporting the viewing of photos, videos, and the listening ease of music. You can also rip your DVD's to your computer and than transfer them onto your psp!! Also, no longer will you need to purchase AA batteries, as the psp supports the use of a rechargable battery, saving you so much money because you wont need to cough up money for batteries every couple of weeks. You should purchase the psp because the games have steadily gone up in quality and fun, the movie quality is amazing, viewing pictures has never been so easy, the price is fair, and it is one of the most HACKABLE systems out there aside from the Microsoft XBOX. (i'll get to that later!) So get off your butt and go invest in this system, you will not be dissapointed. Heck if you dont, you wont be able to read the rest of this. So do you and myself a favor and go get the system!!!

Section 2-What does the psp come with???

Original wave-The Original wave of PSP's came with - - -

-The Spiderman 2 UMD movie (Universal Media Disc)
    The UMD is the type of disc the psp system supports. All of your games, movies and music movies will come in this format and this format only!
    -A system charger (the part of the charger that connects to the sockit can also be used to connect your Dreamcast, ps1, and ps2 systems just in case you lost that piece!!!)
    -Sony headphones
    -32MB Memory stick (memory card if you will)
    -Sony remote (used to pause, rewind, FF, or skip songs on the music section or do those same actions in movies!)
    -Cleaning clothe
    -Media Demo Disc that showed you upcoming games (which are all out now.....)

Second Wave- - -

Came with all of the same stuff EXCEPT the Spiderman 2 movie :-/ bummer!

3rd And Other Waves- - -

The current and other waves of the psp shipments come with all of the same things but sometimes you can get a bigger memory stick with it (always a good thing!) and sometimes it comes bundled with a game or movie, or even 1 of each! I'm not going to type 22230 things just to tell you what each wave came out with. Go out and look around!

NOTE WHEN BUYING A PSP-You all know what barcodes are right? I sure hope so! On the psp system box that it comes in try to look for a letter above the barcode on the LEFT SIDE! Trust me, you'll sigh, smile, and thank me later! Try to look for an EARLY letter in the alphabet. Here is my key to help you out and make things quicker

A-D=PERFECT
    E-I=PRETTY GOOD
    J-N=GOOD?
    O-R=JUST JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

Your probably asking yourself "Why the heck does it matter what the letter is??" Just remember this section later on, ok!??? Thanks!

Section 3-What Size memory sticks are available and what brand should I use?

The current memory stick sizes available are- - -

32MB
    128MB
    256MB
    512MB
    1GB
    2GB
    4GB
    8GB (In the process of being made I believe)

brands are- - -

Sandisk
    Sony

Brand and size you should use are- - -

Get AT LEAST a 1GB stick. If your lucky you can pick one up for 20 bucks. Anything lower is dumb. If you plan to use your psp for just music, just SAVED games on your psp, or pictures, something lower is good. I, personally have a 4GB because im spoiled and I put a lot of different things on my system. a 2Gb is fantastic as well. In terms of companies, I would actually recommend using Sony because i had 2 faulty Sandisks in my entire life and no sonys :-) Sandisks do indeed work and transfer data quicker, but i find them to be less reliable. I personally would like to use something that is more reliable and wouldnt end up having me to cough up for money. Do whatever you feel would work best for you. If money isnt an issue for you, go for the speed and get Sandisk!

Section 4-Setting up your memory stick.

This is the layout that EVERY psp user should have on their memory stick! First off your going to need some supplies so you can access your memory stick on your PC (sorry this is not a MAC tutorial. . .:-/ )

You will need- - -

Either a Memory stick Card Reader (Circuit City, Wal Mart, Tweeter, ebay)
    or USB cable (mini type B-usually used w/digital cameras)
    and obviously your memory stick itself!

Ok, when you you have connected your memory stick to the pc (if your using a usb cable scroll all the way to the left on your psp's XMB menu a.k.a-cross media bar menu and look for usb connection and boom your in.) Card Reader users-figure it out, its easy!. . .you are going to find a new foreign letter on your hard drive (go to Windows Explorer or My Computer) whether it be E, F, G,H, Z or M, its your friggin psp. Select that new drive now and it may either be empty or already have certain things in there. DELETE EVERYTHING!!!!! I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS, DELETE IT ALL! I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU A FRESH AND CLEAN MEMORY STICK!

Now listen up, and listen good my friends. Do you know what a ROOT is? the root is the center of an area or the key area. What you are going to do is setup your memory stick so it looks like this and add these folders in. . .

G:/ (where G is whatever letter your psp drive is called!)

PSP
    MP_ROOT
    MUSIC
    SEplugins
    Video

So it should look like this guys- - -

G\PSP
    G\MP_ROOT
    G\Music
    G\SEplugins
    G\Video

To make that easier for you to understand just delete everything off your memory stick and just add those folders in there, do we all get it? Good! Now I need you to put these folders into the MP_Root folder. . .

100ANV01
    100MNV01
    101ANV01

So it should now look like this- - - -

G\MP_ROOT\100ANV01
    G\MP_ROOT\100MNV01
    G\MP_ROOT\101ANV01

Now inside of the PSP folder I need you to put these folders in there- - -

GAME (Where homebrew, ps1 games, and sony downloaded material will go)
    GAME150 (for custom firwares, put it here even if you dont want custom firmware, trust me.)
    PHOTO (Photos will go here. . . .common sense.)
    SAVEDATA (Saved game data will go here)
    SYSTEM (Internet and RSS Channel settings)

Once again, it should look like this- - -

G\PSP\GAME
    G\PSP\GAME150
    G\PSP\PHOTO
    G\PSP\SAVEDATA
    G\PSP\SYSTEM

and there you are. . .all ready to continue reading!! You may not know what some of these folders mean or their significance, but by the end of this psp tutorial you will know what everything is used for. Please be patient, you will be all good to go you psp geek. . .:thumbup:

Section 5-Getting Music, Photos, and Videos onto your psp!

Alright, for this section you are going to need one of the following programs for the video transfer part.

Xvid PSP (I recommend, because its user friendly)
    Roxio

Section 5A-MUSIC-Alright, so your ready to listen to music on your psp whether it be up at the gym, in school between classes, before you go to sleep, or whatever! the main two formats that the psp supports is .aac and .mp3 Those are the only two formats you should worry about. Itunes and the ipod are the two things that support .aac mostly. Most websites have mp3's and we all have downloaded a couple or have some on our computer.

OK, connect your memory stick via a card reader or USB cable now and i want you to take a look at the folders i made you create in the last step.

You should have these specific MUSIC folders located like this- - -

(Remember g is whatever drive letter it says for your psp)

G:\Music
    G:\PSP\Music

Now, all you have to do is find the song(s) that you want to put on your Sony PSP on your hard drive and simply drag it to one of those two folders located on your memory stick! YES! it is THAT EASY!!! This is one of the easiest things to do with your psp!

Another cool thing you can do is create folders within those folders and store music in there. What i usually like to do is put albums in there and it appears in order like it would on your iPOD, Zune or whatever!

Example-I want to throw on lets say Metallicas Ride The Lightning. So I would then create a folder called Metallica-Ride The Lightning and throw all of the songs into that folder and then drag it onto my psp and boom when i go to the music icon on my psp it will have a folder in there titled that and all my songs will be in order! So when i go to the gym next time and can just listen to that without having to search for the tracks randomly!

So it should look like this - - -

G:\Music\Metallica-Ride The Lightning

OR- - -

G:\PSP\Music\Metallica-Ride The Lightning

and finally if you just want to throw the tracks in there

G:\psp\music\your songs in .aac or .mp3

Or- - -

G:\Music\your songs in .aac or .mp3 format!!!!

And guess what? We're done with Music

Section 5B-Photos-Getting photos onto your psp is also one of the easies things to do! What your going to need to do is of course, connect your psp to your computer via USB or get your memory card reader out again and look for that PHOTO folder I had you guys create earlier. It should be located like this - - -

G:\PSP\PHOTO

Now, the two known formats that I know the psp supports are

.PNG
    .JPEG

Which is not a big deal seeing as these two formats, are the most common! IF you have a photo that is a different format simply convert it by opening up photoshop or paint. . .then opening that picture and saving it in that format by selecting SAVE AS under File and then choose either .PNG or .JPEG as an extension when you save it.

Now much like the MUSIC section, all you have to do is find the pic(s) you want on your psp and just grab em and drag them all the way onto your memory stick in that photo. Also, like the music folder you can create sub folders within the photo folder.

Example-lets say you took a family vacation and want to show off all your photos to your friend Bob but dont want to go through all of your pics (the whole 100+ of em!) Make a folder called My Vacation and put it in the folder PHOTO and then drag your vacation pics in there! Now when you open up the photo icon you will see that folder and all your vacation pics will be in there!

So it should look like this - - -

G:\PSP\PHOTO\My Vacation\your pics in .PNG or .JPEG format!

OR - - -

G:\PSP\PHOTO\all of your pics in .PNG or /JPEG format!!!

And thats it! Photos are done, piece of cake, right!?

Section 5C-Video-Alright, now I hope you picked up one of those applications that I told you to get!

the PSP supports multimple formats of video, but mostly it supports .m4a or .mp4 These formats are not the MOST common, but that can easily be solved.

If you are using Roxio- - -

What kind of video format do you have? If its a .avi, or .mpeg it can be converted with ease and 100% totally will work. As you go to .ASF or .WMA your chances go down so stick to downloading .mpeg and .avi which is common on the internet. Alright, now what you have to do is open up roxio. On the main menu there should on the left side (generally on most versions) a lot of options such as music, video, tools, copy, etc. Go to VIDEO and then look for the tab CONVERT VIDEO. Now your going to go find the video(s) you want to convert. Now select a destination to save the files too when it is all done converting. After that your going to want to open a tab that lets you select what format you are going to convert it to. SELECT EITHER IPOD OR PSP for that option. The different is if you select IPOD you will have a preview video on your psp (i choose this) and if you choose psp you'll get that default video picture so it will take longer while going through your videos if you plan on having a lot.

If you are using XVID psp- - -

Ok, getting XVid PSP should be a piece of cake. I'm not familiar with this program as I always have used my Roxio, but from what I understand, it is completely noob friendly. Basically guys, just read the README and get your files into .MP4 Maybe later on when I am done with other sections I will download the program and walk you guys through it.

Getting everything onto your memory stick- - -

Ok, guys lets take a look at our folders, ok?

G:\MP_ROOT
    G:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01
    G:\MP_ROOT\100ANV01
    G:\MP_ROOT\101ANV01
    G:\Video

Alright, I had you guys put all three of those sub folders of MP_ROOT in there because they are all for different formats. The best format to use is .mp4 which is going to go in 100MNV01. Alternately, you can just throw all of your videos into the VIDEO format. NOTE-Your video(s) may not work depending on what firmware you are running. To find out what firmware you are on scroll all the way to your left on your psp menu. Then go to system settings then system information. If it is 3.00 or greater you can run videos from the VIDEO folder, if not you need to put the files into G:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01. I had you guys create the other folders because sometimes Sony releases, trailers and clips of upcoming games on the official website in a pack and its nice to see those videos. Find out what format they are, and then you can put that format in there fi you wish to convert your video to that format! Otherwise, to avoida lot of confusion and questions just put your videos into G:\Video. Now once your all done converting your video files to .MP4 continue on to the next section.

Section 6-The World Wide Web

Ok guys, now it is time to see if you can surf the web. In the last step I told you how to check your system firmware, now if you are running firmware 2.00 or above you CAN access the internet. If you are UNDER 2,00 DO NOT UPGRADE, TRUST ME!!!!! You will all smile and thank me later! To access the web go all the way to the right on your psp's menu and boom! there it is.

Requirements- - -

Wireless Internet Connection (obviously)
    Know your connections password to get online.

Now with all that required go all the way to the left on your psp XMB (cross media bar menu) and then go to the bottom and look for connection settings, internet settings or something like that. Now, here you are going to name the connection (whatever, i dont care what it is) put in the password (if you have to put it in for your connection) If the connection has no security then you wont need to put that in. Now figure out the rest of this for yourself because it is INCREDIBLY simple. Then, when your done go back to the internet, type in a webpage and your good to go. Figure out the controls for it just like you would if you just picked up a new video game you never played. There you go!! 2.00+ users can use the internet. All you 1.52 and lower users, dont touch a thing on that Network Update icon!!!! or go download anything to update your psp YET!!! Now this is where things get interesting. . . .

Section 7-The Fun SH**, Homebrew.

Alright everyone, this is what you all have been waiting for, the homebrew section. Please listen carefully as this is probably the section you will be reading the most. YES homebrew is a real thing and people use it pretty mcuh 90% of the time when on there psp's if they CAN on there system firmware! Thats all i do. . .that and music.

The format of Homebrew- - -

Homebrew is put into a format called .PBP which is basicaly a combination of two files, an eboot.bin and a boot.bin file. Dont worry about those 2 files, im just talking geek. Anyway, its not as easy as you think. Here are the lists. .

Section 7A-System Firmwares That Do Support!!!- - -

Section 7B-System Firmwares that DO NOT support- - -

Exclamation

Section 8-Firmware Updates

Firmware Updates are evil, mo matter what way you look at them. A good 80% of the reason why Sony makes updates it to patch exploits so the homebrew community cannot run ISOS and emulators. Some argue that sony likes homebrew, others argue that they hate it. . .point being. . i'm not going to discuss that aspect. (i dont care now. . .) I'm going to say every update and what each update had to offer us and what it stopped. I may forget 1-3 firmware updates, so please do tell me if i forget one, thanks!

1.50-(only available for Japanese psp's.)

Features-Introduced a couple of new languages, no big deal.

Purpose Of Sony-People were running eboot.pbp's solely from the game menu. Example-lets say you wanted to run the nes emulator. . .all people had to do was make a folder inside the GAME folder and put the nes eboot.pbp in there and get your roms and place them wherever to launch things from the GAME menu. Basically, this is otherwise known as unassigned code. We were free to do whatever we wanted pretty much as long as it was in eboot.pbp format. When this update came out, that was halted.

1.51-

Features- "Tighten Security"

Purpose Of Sony-When 1.50 update was released the PSP community came up with two alternate ways to launch homebrew. Basically the problem was is that we could no longer launch in the GAME menu so what we did was basically split up the eboot.pbp into 2 seperate pbp's basically rendering one .pbp a launcher for the application, and the other .pbp served as the application for itself sort of speak. So what you had to do (a long time ago) was have yourself two memory sticks. You had one memory stick have the LAUNCHER .pbp and the other memory stick the application itself. So what you had to do was load it up and then while it was loading. . switch the memory sticks to play the application. The second method is what we called KXPLOITING the eboots. Instead of having to switch the memory sticks, you could now use one! What had to be done was this though. . .These folders had to be created

G:\PSP\GAME\NES (or snes, or sega, whatever you named the folder)
    and
    G:\PSP\GAME\NES________%

basically the % one served as the application and the regular folder served as the launcher. The community found a way to just use memory stick and it was a nice relief! It looked weird, but it got the job done! So the 1.51 update was made to stgop the kxploiting of eboots!

1.52-

Features-UMD's could now be played under MUSIC (MUSIC umd's could now be used on the psp)

Purpose Of Sony-This was really no attack from Sony seeing as this firmware was never hacked. We dont hate them for this one.

2.00-

Features-The Internet could now be accessed (big thing) and your theme background could be changed, a couple of more pic formats were supported, and i think 1 more video resolution selection.

Purpose Of Sony-This update was FIRST shown on Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. When this update came out it was a HUGE deal because people had to choose between the long anticapated game, and giving up their homebrew or giving the game up for a while until another route came along. I chose to wait and it paid off. . . :-)

2.01-

Features- "tighten security"

Purpose Of Sony-At this time a particular coder released one of the biggest things this scene had ever seen. A DOWNGRADER THAT LET YOU RETURN TO 1.50!!!! Sony quickly acted against this by releasing this firmware update to stop downgrades! This was a HUGE day in the psp scene! Before this, we all DREAMED of once seeing a downgrader. So at this point, we could upgrade and downgrade all the time to play GTA and love our homebrew. It was a risky thing, so i only did it once. I love my psp too much to F it up. . . .

2.10-

Features- "tighten security"

Purpose Of Sony-I'm kind of clueless on this one folks, i dont exactly remember this update much. . .all i remember is it offered nothing special.

2.50-

Features-This firmware introduced the Location Freeplayer. Basically youc ould watch TV on your psp if you bought an addon for it. It really didnt make me smile too much personally. .Looked cool though. It was like 100 bucks for the addon, which wasn't too much of a deal.

Purpose Of Sony-Trying to be cool????

2.60-

Features- "Tighter Security"

Purpose Of Sony-The whole point of this was to block the Grand Theft Auto exploit that we found. This exploit allowed us to load homebrew via the game: Grand Theft Auto (that had the 2.00 update) Sony also attacked us by patching the game and releasing a game that required a 2.60 update (I think thats the firmware it was) Basically, we could run games through an exploit in the gamesave in GTA, and people built custom menus so we could access our beloved GAME folder, but now we HAD to launch from the custom GTA menus made and not the psp menu, it was a pain, but it worked! The problem with this is that everytime we wanted to pick a new game or appication we had to shut off the psp, turn it back on, and then load GTA and do the whole process again, it was a pain in the ACE. Also, another huge breakthrough was made, another DOWNGRADER TO BRING US BACK TO OUR BELOVED 1.50!! to launch homebrew with ease again. Problem with going back was once again, playing new games without upgrading. However, we did have a program called DEVHOOK but it was still a bit of a BETA. Devhook was a program which let us rip the firmwares to our PSP's and launch firmwares 2.00, 2.50, 2.60 etc so we could play the new games that came out. That was the sole purpose of Devhook, some psp users today actually prefer Devhook still as it launches newer firmwares such as 3.03, 3.00, etc.

2.70-

Features-RSS Channel

Purpose Of Sony-The whole reason Sony released this firmware was to yet again stop us from running another firmware in Devhook. Booster (the coder who worked on Devhook) was constantly releasing new versions of Devhook and Sony mainly released this firmware to get us to update and stop more Devhooking!

2.71-

Features- "Tigten Security"

Purpose Of Sony-They released this because the 2.70 firmware was decrypted, meaning we COULD devhook it, but Booster never released a devhook for 2.70. . .so he remained patient and waited until this update! (which was then emulated and we could launch all games up to 2.71 firmware.

2.80-

Features- "Tigten Security"

Purpose Of Sony-Sony at this point was pist because not only was 2.71 devhooked, but the FIRST CUSTOM FIRMWARE released by Dark Alex had broken into new grounds. The custom firmware allowed users to have all the great features of the new 2.71 firmware, but also allowed us to play homebrew smoothly like on 1.50! It was a great day for the scene.

2.81-

Purpose Of Sony-In the 2.80 we found a way to DOWNGRADE to our beloved 1.50!!! I, in fact never used the downgrader (i bricked my friends psp trying it out) I dont recommend anyone using it because any other downgrader i used, worked PERFECTLY! We also found a way to yet again run homebrew from that old Grand Theft Auto exploit! Not many people stayed on 2.80 to enjoy that, they downgraded.

2.82-

Features- (Not sure...)

Purpose Of Sony-I really dont remember much about this part in the psp scene. Anyone help here?

3.00-

Features-Ability to insert particular backgrounds when listening to music, ps1 downloads from the Playstation store were enabled.

Purpose Of Sony-Try to get us all to upgrade and lose homebrew!

3.01-

Features-A quick release to cover up a bug in the ps1 emulation.

Purpose Of Sony-Read Above.

3.03-

Features- "Tighten Security" and a couple of new games were playable via PS emulation.

Purpose Of Sony-3.01 created another custom firmware by our beloved Dark Alex! and this firmware was an attack on that.

3.10-

Features- "tighten Secuirty" and a bigger variety of playstation titles from the ps store were supported.

Purpose Of Sony-Yet another custom firmware came out via Dark Alex and ANOTHER DOWNGRADER! This downgrader (in my opinion) is jut as stable as the 2.00 Downgrade. I've done it numerous time for friends, and it works well you follow instructions! 3.03 now had a downgrader, and another custom firmware.

3.30-

Features- You get the idea and a couple of more gmaes were supported for PS emulation.

Purpose Of Sony-Another customf irmware came out making it 3.10 OE! Sony was getting beat up, and badly.

3.40-

Features- You get the idea. . .

Purpose Of Sony-3.30 had a custom firmware yet again!!!! So here came sony!

3.50-

Features-We could now access our ps3's from an internet connection as opposed to just the private PS3 connection.

Purpose Of Sony-Block another 3.40 Custom Firmware!!

3.51-

Purpose Of Sony-Sony released this because 3.50 firmware was decrypted and a custom firmware was to be released. . . but never was. We now have a custom firmware for 3.51!!!! its called 3.51 M33!! Read further for more information

Quick Note- I forgot to mention other MINOR features on each firmware. What I mentioned is seriously, ALL THAT MATTERS!!! TRUST ME. The rest is like languages, stupid angles with videos, and such like that.

Section 9-How To Setup Homebrew On The Firmware You Are Running.

In this particular section I am going to hep you guys to setup homebrew on ANY particular firmware you are running and give you a very thorough walkthrough. If you cant follow along, well. . .you should be able to. Here is a list of things you are going to need for this section. . .

USB Cable or a Memory Stick Reader. (should already have!)
    The firmware for the section you want to look at. (obviously!)
    A brain and enough common knowledge to read and follow along.
    The folders setup like I told you to do in Section 4!
    PATIENCE.

Section 9A and 9B-1.00 and 1.50- - -

Ok, getting homebrew to run on 1.00 is easy as PIE! Alright we already know that homebrew is read by means of a file called EBOOT.pbp (Section 7) and that in 1.50 those eboots had to be split to be able to run (Section 8, Firmware update 1.51) but for 1.00 its simple.

For this section I'm going to help you guys get the emulator NESTERJ onto your psp firmware 1.00 system! Go to www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk or www.psp-hacks.com or www.pspupdates.com or www.pspcrazy.com to get the emulator. It doesnt matter which version you find or how you get it, just as long as it is a NESTERJ emulator for the psp. Every version has worked very well and has minor bugs. If however, you find a version without sound, TRY again http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/ps...-portable.html Visit this webpage to see how to get everything done if you are a 1.00 user and a 1.50 User! Some of the information is outdated but follow the instructions and you'll have everything ALL SET. NOTE-When it says to revert it back to 1.00 format you 1.00 users obviously keep it that way and dont revert it back to 1.50 compatable again. . .obviously. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information