Thread: Been Trying for Hours, Still cant get Roms to work! Help!!

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Been Trying for Hours, Still cant get Roms to work! Help!!

Ok, I now there is probably a forum somewhere with a walkthrough, FAQ, etc. But I have seriously must have tried every website and tutorial to get the cps2psp emulator and mame roms to work on my psp.

I followed the instructions on this website's own walkthrough, including downloading the latest cps2psp, making caches out of the roms, placing the roms in a separate file, everything.

I even downgraded my PSP to 1.50, and still nothing. I also reformatted my memory stick, as well as trying that psp brew application in hopes of making the PBP file work. Still, when I go to my game menu, the icon for the cps2psp shows up, but when I press 'X' to play a game, the error message shows up (80020001).

I have been trying to figure this out for the past 6 1/2 hours and I am at my wit's limit. What am I missing? Someone please help me before I lose my sanity.

p.s. You can also IM me or e-mail me. I'm desperate!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Wow -- 27 views and yet nobody could offer any suggestions. As it turns out, I ended up using a lower version of the cps2psp emulator, and got some roms to work, but still trying to figure out how to make a few other roms to play.

So... thanks anyway (although Im not really sure what I'm thanking anyone for.)

Ok, if your on OE firmware then either put the \EMU in the GAME150 folder!

PSP/GAME150

If your at 1.5 put it in the GAME folder

PSP/GAME

I suggest going back to OE firmware!

Edit: DM

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Octillery View Post
    Wow -- 27 views and yet nobody could offer any suggestions. As it turns out, I ended up using a lower version of the cps2psp emulator, and got some roms to work, but still trying to figure out how to make a few other roms to play.

So... thanks anyway (although Im not really sure what I'm thanking anyone for.)
    Sorry. There are a lot of unregistered users that can't post I guess.

Anyway. If you keep getting that error, make sure that you didn't download a corrupt file. also make sure that if you are using 1.5 firmware, then make sure It has a file structure like;

Memory stick
    <PSP
    <<Game
    <<<Example emulator
    <<<Example emulator%

Thread Information