Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix Brightness Issue For Downgraded Ta-082 Psps

Default Fix Brightness Issue For Downgraded Ta-082 Psps

I havent seen anyone post this yet and after a long time of frustration with the brightness issue on downgraded TA-082 PSPs, i finally found this..
    THIS HAS BEEN TESTED AND WORKING FOR OE FIRMWARES AND M33 AS WELL

source: http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=1
    original source: http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=730&page=6

If you want to try this, do so at your own risk.

---(THIS WILL ALSO FIX THE RECOVER LIGHT ISSUE)--(BACK UP YOUR FLASH0 FOR LATER REFERENCE)--

This fix is for PSP systems that have the brightness problem. To test if you PSP has the brightness problem, you can either:
    1. Start a 1.50 firmware homebrew program on your PSP (like an emulator) and press the brightness button a few times.
    2. Access recovery mode and press the brightness button a few times. <- probably the easiest way to check.

PSPs with the brightness problem will have the backlight in the recovery mode or homebrew games go in reverse:
    e.g the Backlight may go: 4, 3, 2, 1, off or 3, 2, 1, off instead of 1, 2, 3 or 1, 2, 3, 4 as the PSP should normally do.
    (Note: 1 is the dimmest settings and 4 is the brightest setting)

If your PSP doesn't have this 'brightness problem' you do not need to apply this fix.
    (I have applied the fix to my 3.40 OE-A PSP that did not have the brightness problem and everything is still working correctly)

Applying this will also fix a small 'clock' bug:
    Before applying the fix, when the time is 12:xx AM or 12:xx PM and you are running 1.50 homebrew, when you press
    the 'home' button the clock will show 0: xx AM / 0: xx PM after applying this fix you will see 12: xx AM / 12: xx PM instead.

---------------------------

This modification uses 128kb of your flash0 and uses unencrypted
    versions of 3 files from 2.70 instead of the 3 files from 1.50.

You will need to re-apply this fix everytime you install a new custom firmware.
    e.g if you update from 3.10 OE-A to 3.40 OE-A you need to apply the fix.

You shouldn't need to re-apply the fix after minor updates like 3.10 OE-A to 3.10 OE-A'.

Required Files:

TA-082 Brightness Fix files:
    Download: http://pages.suddenlink.net/big_dad/PSPB/Brightness.rar

1. Download the 'Brightness.rar' and extract it to a folder on your Desktop.

2. Fully turn off your PSP by holding the power button for 4 seconds.

3. Turn on your PSP while holding the 'R' button, your PSP will enter the 'Recovery mode'.

4. Connect a 'USB Cable' to your computer and to your PSP.

5. Highlight the 'Advanced' menu and press 'X', highlight 'Toggle USB (flash0)'

6. Open 'My Computer' and single right click the new 'Drive Letter' ( e.g Removable Disk E: ) and choose "Properties"

7. Check that the 'Free Space' left is 128kb (131072 bytes) or higher.
    The space left on 3.10 OE-A' should be about 400kb and 3.40 OE-A is about 240kb
    If you have 128kb or more free space on flash0: then you will have enough space to apply this fix.
    Press 'Cancel' to close the 'Properties' window.

8. Make a new folder somewhere on your Desktop and name it something like 'Brightness Fix Original files'
    This folder will store the 'original files' as a backup.
    If you find that the fix doesn't work correctly you can always copy the original files back to your PSP.

9. Double click the 'Removable Disk' to open it, next double click the 'kd' folder
    (Thats not a spelling mistake, you need to open the 'kd' folder, not the 'kn' folder)

10. Copy the 4 files you extracted from the RAR file in step 1 and paste them into the 'kd' folder.
    (The files already have the correct name, You do not need to rename any of the files.)
    display270.prx + impose270.prx + lcdc270.prx + pspbt_game.txt and the pspbtcnf_updater.txt

11. Safely Remove the USB device

12. Disconnect the USB Cable from your PSP and your computer.

13. Exit Recovery mode and start a 'Firmware 1.50' homebrew. e.g gpsp, daedalus, any homebrew.
    Your brightness problem should be fixed...

This is actually for only TA-086.
    It was posted on lan.st a very long time ago, you should give the person credit. This isnt news lol
    And you need to reflash the files every time you upgrade your psp.

it kinda is news since it was never posted on this website. and also some people here that have ta-082-86 and have issues with the brightness might need this, ok my bad, i put the source where i got it from if u didnt notice. also i tried this and i confirm it working
    but its not only for ta-086 its for ta-082 psps that started out as 2.71 or higher.

both TA versions work with this modification ( my psp was TA-082 and it worked)

Thanks for this xg917 much appreciated I was looking for this for my bro's PSP.

Thanks

PSN ID: splodger15

no problem guys. im glad this works.

The Sony boards isn't the original source. This is: http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=730&page=6

o well ill edit my first post then. but the i got the files from the sony boards and yea.

It worked for me with CF 3.51 M33-6

:thumbup:

same here. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information