Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamcast control port F1 resistor fix?

DCEmu Rookie

so everything works now? congrats seems that your DC just overheated due to lack of cooling.

you're *THE* american dreamcaster?? i loved your video where you played soul calibur with the fishing rod btw, nice black dc. would have been a shame if that baby went to waste

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah I was smart enough not to use my badass black Dreamcast to test new controllers.

Hopefully I can get my regular workhorse Dreamcast back up and running at 100%.

I guess the Dreamcast is pretty damn sensitive to the fan being disconnected. If it doesn't sense that the fan is running it will just shut off like mine was doing.

DCEmu Rookie

sounds logical. be thankful for it behaving like that or you would have a toasted workhorse by now

DCEmu Newbie

I am sorry about the digging, but I just got this problem. The thing is I tried to fix it with a known twisting resistors solution (I twisted both R1 and F1) and by accident I broke the R1 resistor, 1 leg popped out of the board, the F1 is still twisted though. I am confused by the immense information I can find on the web, but I believe I need to find a 10ohm 1/2watt resistor to replace the F1 right? What about the R1 resistor I just broke?

I'm using a PAL DC btw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information