Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

Nice job. Once the frame rates and sound get good, somebody should put some game genie support on or something.

DCEmu Newbie

I noticed we havn't had an update here since one guy complained about releasing the source code.....Sougen please say you arn't going to make us wait another 6 months or so until you've completed your emulator for a new release

I'm having a problem with a game called "Shining in the Darkness". When I'm given a choice (Yes or No) in the game...no matter what I press, its always No. I don't think its the ROM because it works fine on my Emulator on the PC (I use GENS and I mapped the Keys myself). One Scenario is where I'm at the Weaponsmith and going to buy a Sword....no matter what I press the game takes the button I press as if i'm declining. I wonder if its because this game needs six buttons or something? How are the buttons set?

I cant believe we are not going to get an update because someone bitched about source code...

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, seriously. Theres always some jerk who needs to be politically correct in the dumbest way...and ruin everybodys fun. Fricking goodytooshoes.

The gpl or whatever its called was made before beta distribution was widely adapted.

Sougen, can you PLEASE respond in this thread what your plans are? Thank you.

Releasing betas is nice because theres always something (bugs) that others will spot that you *might* not

DCEmu Newbie

Sougen, thanks for this great work. It is incredible. Had I not seen it running I would have not beleived the PSP could handle a 68k and doing software FM synthesis, at least not in these early stages of PSP development.

As far as the GPL goes, I beleive Sveasoft has set the precedent that is legal to release "beta" binaries prior to your public release of the source code, as long as you intend to release the code eventually. That sounds exactly like your stated intentions, so I think you can keep releasing updates with confidence if you desire to.

Talking

Sougen, you are my hero, lol. really.

I have dreamed about playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the go for so long, and you made it happen, for that, I am truly in your debt. If you have a paypal, I would LOVE to donate money to you. You truly are an amazing programmer for having full frame rate and amazing sound on the first release, and so soon in the emulation scene.

I downloaded this and was so happy I litterally went out and danced in my front yard listening to some of the music on S3&K ^^;. (Specificly, Lava Reef Zone and the Sonic3 Ending theme) I LOVE this emu, it's the best download for the PSP.

I have played this more than any other homebrew program i've downloaded. Although the new snake game that was released last night has been getting a portion of my time now, so you better watch out for that one, it's a tough competetor .

If you want to wait untill your source code is cleaned up, well, I'm not going to complian, as this emulator is already INCREDIBLY well-done enough for me and i'm happy with it. I'll be content with this as it is, because it's so great. However, I will miss having your emulator updated with cool features like the fix for the sound and the partially-working SRAM.

Also, your emulator runs better on 222Mhz than the SNESx9 on 333Mhz. You've already done so well for the low clockrate. So if you got the emulator to run at full framerate and great sound on 222Mhz, you will be the greatest PSP coder around. (IMO at least, lol)

Btw, would it be possible to get the emulator to run at something lower than 222Mhz? I'm not asking for this, as that would probably be incredibly hard if even possible, just wondering because people are so concerned about battery life. I have two batteries so I don't really worry about the battery life issue.

Anyway, keep up the AMAZING work with this emulator please. And stay in good health.

DCEmu Newbie

goblindojo: A $#@!stain such as yourself isn't even worth my creativity, so I'll sum this post right up: ****. You.

(My apologies, Moderators, and Administrators; But it had to be done.)

^^ ^^

Maybe Sougen could release updates @ the "usual places"...

I didn't create the requirement that you need to release the source code to any derived works, the original author of the Generator emulator did. But if you are unable to make any meaningful contributions, by all means feel free to shoot the messenger instead.

Thread Information