Thread: Peter Moore Resigns From Microsoft To Join EA

Home/News Peter Moore Resigns From Microsoft To Join EA

via Gaming Bits

Microsoft loses a major face to the Xbox 360 team. Today, Peter Moore has resigned from Microsoft to join Electronic Arts as the President of EA Sports. Peter Moore is the now former Corporate Vice-President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division.

From Microsoft's press release: "Moore has decided to return with his family to Northern California, where they lived until he took the position at Microsoft. Moore will remain at Microsoft to assist in the transition through August and will then return to the San Francisco Bay area."

With the announcement of Peter Moore's departure came word of who will be filling his shoes, Don Mattrick, a former president at Electronic Arts Inc. (EA).

“While Peter will certainly be missed, we are delighted to have one of the industry’s most talented and passionate veterans on board to lead the business,” said Robbie Bach, president of Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. “Don is well-known and respected throughout the industry for his deep knowledge, technical expertise and management savvy. Under Don’s leadership, the games team is looking forward to embarking on our biggest holiday ever, with a wide-ranging roster of some of the most highly anticipated titles.”

Surprising news, just after the E3 Media & Business Summit last week.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First he leaves SEGA, and now Microsoft. Someone needs to make up their mind.

I already posted this a while ago, what I don't get is why this isn't on the Xbox site. Also, the EA guy is the head of the Xbox thing now.

It's not only related to the 360, it's also related to the companies Microsoft and EA. And I thought the DCEmu Blog section was the best option.

Anyway, personally I don't like Peter Moore. When he was on Sega, thanks to him we didn't see the amazing Sakura Taisen games on US/EU territories.

Im not allowed to move posts, so where ever it goes after I post it is not my fault.

Edit: O well, the DC had other great fighter games too.

Thread Information