Thread: Blocking Recovery menu?

Default Blocking Recovery menu?

A friend of mine just bought a 3.40 oe psp and the weird part is that whenever she tried to get it to go to the recovery menu, the screen goes black and the green light was still on (you can imagine what was the first thing i thought of...brick??? How?? can't be!!!)

I told her to go to the retailer and ask the guy why she can't get to the recovery menu and after some justifications for the need of the revovery menu, he did something and it supposedly worked after that.

Interesting thing is, he said that she couldn't get to the recovery menu was because she had no battery but on the contrary, she said her battery was 100%...

Moreover, it seems that her psp has the tendency to hang...

Any ideas?

An Idea comes to my mind, ripp off

As for fixes, check if memory stick is not fake, use recovery to get to 1.5 and reinstall 3.40 OE, I can't think of something else you can do

^^ What mike said.

Sounds like she's got dodgy firmware installed.

i was thinking that the shop "nerfed" her psp at first but after that guy did "something" whatever it was it supposedly got rid of the problem. Wondering if they had modified the firmware with a lil extra..cos the guy insisted on reasons why the recovery menu is needed...

This is the part that i find fishy. Insisting on a good reason to access the recovery menu. Secondly, he told her. And then a warning not to go to the recovery menu too many times as it will result in the damaging of the psp (like wth?)

As for reflashing the firmware, i've thought about it before...but it's just that she's not that seasoned when it comes to using computers and she can barely put files in the right place with the right format. (imagine putting a .rar or zip file in the game folder and u'll see what i mean). *Shudders* Just imagine what can go wrong, that psp is spanking new...lol

The other plan i had in mind was for her to let me have a look at the dump of her firmware, after all we're both on 3.40 OE ...how much different can it get? (apart from the customizations of course)
    But once again, she was unable to even back up files from her memory stick to the pc and later she couldn't find the backed-up files (she probably deleted them i think...). Once again, imagine instead of copying, she deletes the flash...not pretty...

Any1 got a homebrew flash dumper to recommend?

id say reflash it , as long as you keep the powrr cords in it wontr brick most likely. and dax 's installers are usually pretty fool proof follow the readme and you cant go wrong. at worst set it up for her and get to press the buttons lol that way you arent liable.

Whats happened here is the guy at the shop has done everthing correctly!

What you have done wrong is forgot to put in the mem card when booting to recovery! not all PSPs do this but some do! like some hang and some dont!

The guy just wanted a bit of cred at the end tho!

ever tried pressing the brightness button? lol

the psp must be a ta-082 or 086. i posted a fixer here somewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    ever tried pressing the brightness button? lol

the psp must be a ta-082 or 086. i posted a fixer here somewhere..
    Not on 3.40 OE

Thats 1.5! :thumbup:

wut do u mean. when running homebrew on TA-082 or 86 the brightness still has a bug because you are running 1.5 kernel. i think all he needs to do is press the brightness button. and check what the motherboard is. lol.

Thread Information