Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some impression how to connect the PSP with Holux 236

DCEmu Newbie

Default some impression how to connect the PSP with Holux 236

I would like to share my experience how to connect the PSP with a Holux 236 receiver:

I use the original Sony remote control and a usb roller cable from Big Ben. Inside the remote I've soldered a little 1K SMD resisitor (much smaller than a normal resisitor).
    Now the cable is very strong and you can increase your cable length very easy.

Btw. if s.o. in germany is searching for a cable I've got them twice. But the second one is without the remote but with a resistor and an audio output too. Just PM me.

Next I make today some pictures of my car holder, comming soon...

DCEmu Regular

YEAH ! Make some picture's of this solution in car. Where do you leave your holux etc etc.

DCEmu Newbie

Can you still use the heaphone with that?

DCEmu Newbie

Yes of course. But the function of the IC in the remote is out of order. You will have to adjust your sound level on psp directly.
    I think it should be possible to keep up all the functions on the remote (play forward, backward, pause etc.) but I'm not sure if its ok to solder it like an Y-cable on the remote pcb...

I will upload some pictures of my car holder after work.

DCEmu Newbie

as promised, some pictures of my car holder:

big: http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/al...3733623134.jpg

big: http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/al...6431356265.jpg

It's an Arkon VG935 PSP Holder. The only problem I have is that it's quite impossible to see anything on display when car is opened and under direct sunlight. But it's much better with some anti-reflexing foil.

Next, vibrations come to psp although. But better than a simple gooseneck holder.

This is my car from outside:

3 days late, xD, Thats a nice car.
    I want my first car to be a bmw,
    but I might have to settle for an Audi or a Honda. GAH.
    How old are you?

DCEmu Newbie

I'm 29 and will drive bmw my hole life, probably very satisfied! I bought the car in 2003

I forgot to say that I will try to get the speach voices work and to connect the psp to the cassette adapter you see in the first picture.
    Hope I get this working. Alex, have you still tried the speach voices yet?

I havent tried the speech files for the serial edition.
    I havent used any of the serial GPS devices lately, even though I have them.
    2 of my 5 psp's are loaded with 4 gig cards, and MapThis! 0.499 for the PSP-290, both with chips.
    The first one has a map of the whole world, down to 0 zoom.
    GPSFS files at 1 gigabyte. Im proud of my work =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bolemichel View Post
    I'm 29 and will drive bmw my hole life, probably very satisfied! I bought the car in 2003
    I used to have the 3 series and was a big fan too... but then I bought the x5..
    Now I am driving it to a dealer for repairs every 2 weeks (it's still under the warranty).. Just hired a lawer to get some money back from those bustards for selling me a lemon... The build quality sucks for so-called "luxury" vehicle.
    No more beemers for me :-)

DCEmu Newbie

oh dear, bad to hear that. Hope you will get your car fixed soon. A friend of me is driving x3 and is lucky too. It won't help you but I think you've just bad luck with your car.

First I got also some problems on the ignition coils #2 and #5. But they've changed them immediatelly and the car runs fine since that.

So crossing fingers to get your car work again. Finally to spend more time on useful things like building the v0.5 on mapthis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information