To celebrate Kojote's first quarter century of life on 20th June 2005, here is another competition. PD Roms Coding Competition #3.33. The compo will start on the 20th June 2005 @ 00:00 GMT +2 and will end 25 days later on the 14th July 2005 @ 23:59 GMT +2.

Create a classic (8-bit graphics era, everything between 1 and 256 colors) looking game (remake or original ideas are accepted). It just has to graphically look like an 8-bit game (C64, MSX, NES, ...) which does not mean it technicaly has to be one. The game can be of ANY (!!!) genre. The design of the sound/music issues is up to you, but keep in mind it has to fit into your game.

There is one prize, which is a "GameKing" (probably the Backlight version) with few Games.

Allowed systems: Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Color, Intellivision, Neo Geo Pocket Classic, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Odyssey 2, Wonderswan Classic, Wonderswan Color, Game Gear, NES, Master System, Pokemon Mini, Watara Supervision, Gameboy Advance, Megadrive/Genesis, GP32, PC Engine, SNES, Dreamcast, Arcade Hardware (NeoGeo, NeoGeo CD, CPS1), Sega 32x, Playstation 1, SegaCD, Virtual Boy, Vectrex

SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR FRIENDS :-] ... and happy coding!

Sidenote: Yes I know it is not the 20th yet, there are a few hours to go, but I have to start my night-shift work soon.

http://www.pdroms.de/pdrc3_33-rules.php