Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NES/SNES/Genesis Emulation on PSP.. is it good enough?

DCEmu Newbie

psp NES/SNES/Genesis Emulation on PSP.. is it good enough?

I plan on starting my impossible mission of finding an unpatched GTA or Lumines to be able to play my favorite NES, SNES, and Genesis games. Now, I wonder, will the games play flawlessly as if I would be playing them on their native consoles? I've been hearing issues regarding SNES emulation. Not sure though, that was many months ago when I last read about that.

So the question is; is it worth it? or do I just exchange/trade my UMDs for other ones, and forget the whole emulation thing?

Your replies will give me the "Go!" for starting my impossible mission or will make me just stop.

Thanks!

yes it is worth it!

Oh my god? are you serious? I have been happily playing secret of mana and Sonic 2 full speed for eons. If this was a gestapo investigation I would slap you in the face with a leather glove

Some of the notorious SNES games aren't quite perfected yet. Those who remember the fledgeling days of emulation know which titles I mean (Super Mario RPG, Star Fox, etc)

However, games like Super Mario World are perfectly fine, the Sonic games on Genesis, Everything on NES and such... Commodore64 Emulation is even well done, so you can play Impossible Mission!

Uhm... I think I may have misunderstood...

Anyhow, Yesh. Emulation on the PSP is definitely worth it. Not to mention the near-perfect PSX emulation. If you're running custom firmware, you can take almost any of your PSX games and convert it for play on your PSP, rather than waiting for it to become available on the PSN and having to use a PS3.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks guys!

Sorry, I might have asked a what-seems-like a silly questions, but that's because I've been away from the homebrew scene for like 8 months.

Does anyone know if MegaMan X (SNES) plays well? I'd like so much to play that game on the PSP.

Thank you all! I'll try to find the sacred GTA or Lumines.

Megaman X and X3 play flawlessly, there is some issue with the save state, but you can always use passwords

as for X2 it hangs on the boss battles, the battle is so slow that it's almost unfair to defeat them

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    Megaman X and X3 play flawlessly, there is some issue with the save state, but you can always use passwords

as for X2 it hangs on the boss battles, the battle is so slow that it's almost unfair to defeat them
    X2 played perfectly for me all the way through, so maybe you had a bad dump.

NES - full speed
    SNES - most games are full speed
    N64 - very slow only 3 or 4 games are playable
    PS1 - full speed
    Genesis - full speed
    game boy - full speed
    GBC - full speed
    GBA - full speed
    CPS1 - full speed
    CPS2 - full speed

Well there it is, PSP emus are worth the downgrade.

DCEmu Newbie

Hmm... hoped MegaMan X plays and saves flawlessly. Anyways,..

Of course I suppose all games work well in full screen mode?

This is a screenshot I made from a Windows SNES emulator. I just resized it to the PSP screen dimensions.

Wow.. I can't wait to play it!!!!!

n64 will be full speed some day if u ever plan on playing that on your psp soon so just have patience on taht.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information