Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The final battle (don't read if you havent finished book!)

Unhappy The final battle (don't read if you havent finished book!)

right so here we are. Voldemort and Harry. Face to face at last.

Even tho harrys allready been killed (sigh) but is back to life again.. suprise suprise

now i was expecting an amazing scene. Hoping that harry had learnt some decent spells throughout the last 7 years. Even that Sectumcepsrespwhatever that was in the half blood prince. That would've been a decent spell to use. Yet no.. here we have the most powerful wizard of all time and some 17 year old who got saved by his mummy. expelliarmus.. expelliarmus is the spell that harry chose to use in what could possibly his dying moments and he still manages to win!

sorry but in my opinion this is absolutely ridiculous. You'd at least use a killing curse or something.

I don't know about you, but i feel this was the biggest anticlimax to the entire series of books. I finished the book yesterday morning and i'm STILL annoyed at this. For some reason it keeps bugging me.. expelliarmus! for god's sake! aaaah!

oh and one more thing. I feel the 19 years later was completely unnecessary! How typical, Harry and Ginny.. Ron and hermoine. And the fact that his kids are named after Dumbledore and harrys parents is even more confusing! It took me about 15 minutes just to read thoes 5 pages because of all the names and stuff.

Now i know it can't be re-written or anything and this thread is probably going to lead nowhere but i just had to get it off my chest!

i've loved the harry potter books ever since they first came out. I even went at midnight (yes i'm cool) to get the 7th one. I was so looking foward to the end of the book. Expecting a huge battle. The death of either Ron, Hermione or even Harry. But no. Voldemort is killed by expelliarmus and everyone gets married and has kids.

i feel really let down. I would actualy have been happier if the book ended with Harry being killed in the forbidden forrest and then neville or someone killiing Nagini and Hermione Killing voldemort. That would've been much more satisfactory. I know that couldn't have happen cause its a kids book and stuff... however thoes of us who are no longer 12 i feel would've been pleased by a much more adult and (although upsetting) satisfactory ending.

It's a real shame i've had to write this. I've loved harry for so long and now i never want to read one of the books again ...

Does anyone else agree?

i completely disagree, are u forgetting dumbledore telling harry that he couldnt kill voldermort with hate? Hate would mean using a killing curse against voldermort. I think although i may have read wrong, that because the Elder wand was harrys, wen voldermort tried to use the wand on its rightful owner the spell rebounded and the Avada Kedavra curse hit voldermort. You wanted the death of one of the 3 main characters? The people we have been reading grow up and their death, in my opinion, would be "unnesseray". Also you wanted hermoine to kill voldermort? Why?!?.. The whole time dumbledore was training harry to meet his end, the man who killed his parents and u wanted hermoine to do it? The end, yes was cheesy, was cool in my opinion it showed that harry finally had a family after all those years. Even though it never said anything about other characters, i dont realy care.

Quote Originally Posted by albus-severus-potter View Post
    i completely disagree, are u forgetting dumbledore telling harry that he couldnt kill voldermort with hate? Hate would mean using a killing curse against voldermort. I think although i may have read wrong, that because the Elder wand was harrys, wen voldermort tried to use the wand on its rightful owner the spell rebounded and the Avada Kedavra curse hit voldermort. You wanted the death of one of the 3 main characters? The people we have been reading grow up and their death, in my opinion, would be "unnesseray". Also you wanted hermoine to kill voldermort? Why?!?.. The whole time dumbledore was training harry to meet his end, the man who killed his parents and u wanted hermoine to do it? The end, yes was cheesy, was cool in my opinion it showed that harry finally had a family after all those years. Even though it never said anything about other characters, i dont realy care.
    not hermione in paticular
    anyone other than harry
    and yes i understand the whole rebound of the spell thing. It's just annoying that there wasn't anything more dramatic than harry getting lucky and voldemort being careless once again.
    I know it would've been sad to kill one of the main three but i feel it was stupid how harry could come back to life.
    I personally would've been satisfied if harry died in the forbidden forrest (as dumbledor had intended him too, seeing as he was a horcrux) and then neville killed nagini... like in the book
    but rather than harry coming back to life miraculously one of the others.. ANYONE.. should have finished voldemort off. Possibly one of the Malfoys as revenge on what Voldemort put their family through.. and as repayment for Harry sparing Draco's life so many times....

i mean i don't really know. I'm obviously not an author..
    i'm glad you were satisfied with the ending, i personally was dissapointed and i know you don't share my view but i'm sure there are others who do xxx

harry never truly died! he Wasnt realy "dead" that was all as dumbledore put it, "in his head", and dumbledore never intended harry to die! he knew that by voldermort using harrys blood the protevting from his mother lived on and harry would survive. Another proof ahrry never died was that JKR stated in the book that voldermort was getting helped to his feet and harry knew that voldermort was "out cold" as long as harry was, So Voldermort was dead also?

despite all of this intricate detail you insit on going into... there's no denying the end was rubbish. I expected more of JKR than a 'harry wasn't actualy dead, harry killed voldemort, everyone lived happily ever after'

true, i agree with you. But i think harry surviving was for the "greater good" xD

DCEmu Newbie

Default the greatest ending of all

it would have be way cooler
    if harry actually died but instead voldemort's soul lived in harry's body so then voldemort would sacrifice his own body and naigini to pull of this huge scandal on everyone making them think he was dead but then he would rise to power again and just killl everyone but that kind of happened already in the 7th book

Quote Originally Posted by albus-severus-potter View Post
    harry never truly died! he Wasnt realy "dead" that was all as dumbledore put it, "in his head", and dumbledore never intended harry to die! he knew that by voldermort using harrys blood the protevting from his mother lived on and harry would survive. Another proof ahrry never died was that JKR stated in the book that voldermort was getting helped to his feet and harry knew that voldermort was "out cold" as long as harry was, So Voldermort was dead also?
    I think that what happened in the forest is pretty obvious. First of all, both Harry and Voldemort Blacked out, Fainted or whatever and went to this kind of limbo between life and death representer with the station. Voldemort was that poor creature beyond help, that was what remained of hos soul after the Horcruxes and why Harry in the last fight told him to try for some remorfe for he knew what he will become (talking about the creature). Also, you know that voldemort went to that place also because Dumbledore tells Harry:"I know this, Harry, that you have less fear from RETURNING HERE than he does". Which means that both of them were at that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Novello2410 View Post
    right so here we are. Voldemort and Harry. Face to face at last.

Even tho harrys allready been killed (sigh) but is back to life again.. suprise suprise

now i was expecting an amazing scene. Hoping that harry had learnt some decent spells throughout the last 7 years. Even that Sectumcepsrespwhatever that was in the half blood prince. That would've been a decent spell to use. Yet no.. here we have the most powerful wizard of all time and some 17 year old who got saved by his mummy. expelliarmus.. expelliarmus is the spell that harry chose to use in what could possibly his dying moments and he still manages to win!

sorry but in my opinion this is absolutely ridiculous. You'd at least use a killing curse or something.

I don't know about you, but i feel this was the biggest anticlimax to the entire series of books. I finished the book yesterday morning and i'm STILL annoyed at this. For some reason it keeps bugging me.. expelliarmus! for god's sake! aaaah!

oh and one more thing. I feel the 19 years later was completely unnecessary! How typical, Harry and Ginny.. Ron and hermoine. And the fact that his kids are named after Dumbledore and harrys parents is even more confusing! It took me about 15 minutes just to read thoes 5 pages because of all the names and stuff.

Now i know it can't be re-written or anything and this thread is probably going to lead nowhere but i just had to get it off my chest!

i've loved the harry potter books ever since they first came out. I even went at midnight (yes i'm cool) to get the 7th one. I was so looking foward to the end of the book. Expecting a huge battle. The death of either Ron, Hermione or even Harry. But no. Voldemort is killed by expelliarmus and everyone gets married and has kids.

i feel really let down. I would actualy have been happier if the book ended with Harry being killed in the forbidden forrest and then neville or someone killiing Nagini and Hermione Killing voldemort. That would've been much more satisfactory. I know that couldn't have happen cause its a kids book and stuff... however thoes of us who are no longer 12 i feel would've been pleased by a much more adult and (although upsetting) satisfactory ending.

It's a real shame i've had to write this. I've loved harry for so long and now i never want to read one of the books again ...

Does anyone else agree?
    OK first of all. I loved LOVED how Voldemort used the killing curse and Harry used Expelliarmus. I mean there is no better way of showing the differences between these two characters.

On one side you have the great and evil and completely ignorant voldy. Voldy is the one who chooses what to believe, he believes he is undefeatable so he is, or so he thinks. He only looks at the facts that help him. He obviously doesn't do his research, he made one of the Hallows a Horcrux I mean thats just idiotic.

Then you have Harry who says over and over again that he wants the truth, about the Hallows the Horcruxes and especially about Dumbledore. And if you all remember that after Harry is moved from number 4 he gets chastised by Lupin because all he sent towards Stan Shunpike and the other death Eaters were disarming spells. And Harry replied "I won't blast people out of my way just because they're there, that's Voldemort's job." So you see Harry didn't use the killing curse because he doesn't believe in it.

So I say YAY! Harry for that one, i can't imagine Harry ever using the killing curse.

Ooh but I do agree with the last part of the book. 19 years later was just odd, and why the hell 19 wtf is that. it should be 20 or 7 or something. Idkw but that bugged the hell outta me. And i think one of the MAIN MAIN characters should've died to make it sadder. I like sad books they make me feel connected. I cried for most of the HP books. Like for when DD or Sirius died, but in this one the closest i came was when Dobby was killed, effing Bellatrix god i really hate her. She killed so many that i loved!!!

But overall this book kicked some major ass!!!

:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

I think the expelliarmus was a great spell to use. In case you haven't paid attention to what Dumbledore have said, killing people isn't good for your soul. Harry wouldn't wanna hurt himself by using the Avada Kedavra.

I didn't like the epilogue, though, and I was a bit dissapointed when Neville didn't die. I've always thought he would save the world and get killed doing so. Otherwise I think J.K Rowling did a great job.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information