18. This poll is closed
  • Sonic Adventure

14 77.78%
  • Quake III Arena

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic adventure vs Quake III Arena

Cool

Wow, that's a tough one. I have to say Sonic Adventure though that's really almost a tie for me.

Definitley Sonic Adventure for me. Why? Well it's Sega's mascotte and the magic i felt playing SA was superb.

DCEmu Newbie

Sonic Adevnture definitly..

Acorn Electron User

I'm sitting on the other side of the fence - Quake 3 for me. Sonic is a really good game and was a fantastic showcase for the DC when it was launched. It looks great and plays well to but the camera in it (and other 3rd person games too) is a tad frustrating.

Quake wins it for me because it's one of the few games that really gets the adrenaline flowing and the DC version is pretty damn good. It has it's flaws and I don't like the way you can't rocket jump up to areas that you can on the PC and Mac versions but I think it's a testament to the power of the DC (as is Sonic) that it can handle it so well, especially the split screen mode with is a hell of a lot smoother than Unreal Tourney.

So this one gets it for it's sheer pace and multiplayer mayhem which I feel sonic lacks. It looks great on VGA too and is smashing with a keyboard and mouse.

Oh, and Rayman 2 is a much better game than Sonic in my opinion. I await a backlash.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Rayman 2 was a great game, the old sonics are the best (on the MD), but as u say sonic adventure was the dc first flagship title....Quake 3 was its online flag title (well maybe pso is) is a had one. but i remember renting out a dc and sonic adventure and my jaw hit the ground. and even thought it has its flaws it still has that sonic team magic

Sonic for me. I enjoy Quake III, but Sonic Adventure was the first game I played on the DC, and it blew my mind.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Blog Entries

Yep sonic was the first game i played for me too, launch day title, but always a fave of mine, especially with the online uploading of scores etc
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

Sonic for me, my son and I played this game for hours, or should I say months. Quake III could never get into it on the DC, prefared the PC version.

Actually i do have to agree with everyone else Sonic Adventure was a great game and does beat out Quake 2 Arena. Quake 3 arena was a addicting game that i could play for a week but after awhile its basically the samething over and over. As for Sonic Adventure there is many obsticles and other fun things like the Create a Chao which you could raise on both Dreamcast and VMU. I loved the graphics in the game though i do find Quake 3 Arena's slightly better. Gotta love the Sonic Theme song for the game.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information