Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Team M33 Release Custom Firmware Supporting PSP Firmware 3.52 (Update 2)

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Ignore Pop plugins

So if i don't want to use the popsloader, i don't do any of the following below ... right?!!

"With this release we also a plugin to load pops from 3.40, 3.51, and 3.52.
    The plugin works in 3.51 M33 and 3.52 M33. In 3.51 M33 you won't see option "3.51", and in 3.52 M33
    you won't see option "3.52" (use original from flash for same firmware).

Instructions: copy seplugins to the root of the memory stick. Extract the following prx of a firmware: /kd/popsman.prx, /kd/pops.prx, /vsh/modules/libpspvmc.prx and /vsh/modules/pafmini.prx and copy them to /seplugins/popsloader/ with names like popsman3XX, pops3XX.prx, libpspvmc3XX.prx, pafmini3XX.prx, where XX is 40, 51, or 52.

Activate the plugin in recovery and done! First time you run a game, it will let you choose pops version.
    Next time will remember configuration for each game; press R to change it.

The plugin doesn't apply to psn games."

After i run the eboot.pbp from xmb menu ... is there anything else i have to do?.

DCEmu Pro

The popsloader is if you want to use a different version of the official PS1 emulator. For instance, if you're at M33 3.52-2, you use the 3.52 popsloader by default, with all the fixes Sony has made for the official 3.52 firmware. Some games, however, work better on certain firmwares. That's what the popsloader is for. So if you don't use the PS1 emulator, or if all games work perfectly for you, you don't have to bother with this.

If you do want to try it out, you'll need to decrypt the whole firmware update file of the firmware you want the pops files from, then find the necessary files (which you mentioned earlier). Do this for all the firmwares you want to install the popsloader for, and rename the files accordingly.

Update: No, if you don't want to use the popsloader (you can still use the pops that comes with 3.52), you don't have to do anything more after patching to 3.52-2.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks so much Blackrave!

DCEmu Newbie

sorry just one more thing.. i know im asking you a lot of questions but just in case i have to use the poploader later on. How exactly do i dycrypt the firmware and all these stuffs. Is it possible for you to send me a folder with all these files and tell me where to copy it because i like to stay up to date even if i don't use it.

Also, since the M33 #3 update is out ... would it automatically update the poploader?

Thanks ever so much!!

DCEmu Pro

Get the latest firmware decrypter from the attachment here, or from here.
    Find firmware updates here. Follow the instructions for the decrypter to decrypt and extract all files from the firmware.

3.52-3 isn't out yet. It will be tomorrow. It won't change anything in the 3.52 popsloader, but it seems the popsloader will now support 3.30 in the popsloader, so a new plugin will come with the package. The same decrypted files will be usable, though.

DCEmu Newbie

So Which firmware updates do i download?
    Which one do you recommend?
    Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Can you please give me a link to that specific firmware?

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Can you also name me a game that does not work with 3.52 m33-2 .. so i can try it out .. if it doesn't work i may update the poploader but can you tell me which firmware i should decrypt and get the plugins from?

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

someone plz answer the above 2 questions. thanks

1) don't double (or quadruple) post. It's rather annoying, and no one will answer your questions because you portray yourself as an idiot, who doesn't think the rules of the forum applies to him.

2) Google the firmware. You'll find it. As for what one, if you're not bright enough to READ the readme file with the download, then there's really no hope for you (Hint: it starts with 3.5)

3) as for a game that doesn't work with it? Who cares? If you don't own it, then you shouldn't worry about it. ISO talk and such isn't seen in a positive light around here. If all the games you legally own work, then you're fine.

4) popsloader is only for use in games that have a higher playability/compatibility (proven) in a specific firmware. personally, I've never had a problem with any of the games I play, so I've never had to bother with it.

Next time, be a little more patient, and use the EDIT button if you're the last one to post. All posting like an idiot does it get your treated like one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information