Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: REminiscence PSP v0.1.9

Default REminiscence PSP v0.1.9

REminiscence is a re-implementation of the engine used in the game "Flashback: The Quest for Identity" made by Delphine Software and released in 1992. REminiscence was created by Gregory Montoir. This update to the PSP version was created by Sektor (gtamp.com/PSP).
    • added support for SegaCD speech files (voice.vce)
    • added level/language selector (copied from rlyeh's GP2X version with some minor changes)
    • select now toggles fast mode and mirror mode
    • added key recording/playback, immunity, power/credit cheat and other debug options to the in game menu
    • choice of full screen or small screen at startup

edit: Don't use the POWER & CREDIT cheat. It will make level 2 freeze when you receive a mission.
    Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

This version is old and requires a PSP with 1.5 firmware. For a version that works on 3.x custom firmware go to gtamp.com/PSP).
    Last edited by Sektor; March 20th, 2008 at 01:28.

Very nice, thank you.

I love to play these old classics on my PSP. =)

To run REminiscence, you'll need a copy of the data files from the DOS version of Flashback. For music, you need the Amiga mod files and for speech, you need the SegaCD voice.vce.

flashback_data_files.7z 9MB (compressed with 7-Zip, includes DOS data files, Amiga music and SegaCD speech). Extract to REminiscence\data folder.

Credits:
    --------
    Original 0.1.6 PSP port by lantus (http://www.lantus-x.com/PSP/) - site is down
    Additional work by Marcus R. Brown
    Merging into REminiscence 0.1.8 by Crust/Amnesty (http://michalskorupka.blogspot.com)
    Merging into REminiscence 0.1.9 by Sektor (http://gtamp.com/PSP)
    GP2X level/language selection code by rlyeh (http://www.retrodev.info)
    Minor improvements to level/language selection code by Sektor
    REminiscence is the work of Gregory Montoir (http://cyxdown.free.fr/reminiscence)
    ---------
    To install:

1.0 users:
    Copy EBOOT.PBP to ms0:/PSP/GAME/REminiscence/

1.5 users:
    Copy the REminiscence and REminiscence% directories to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

3.40 OE and most other custom firmware users:
    Copy the REminiscence and REminiscence% directories to ms0:/PSP/GAME150/

Everyone:
    Copy the Flashback data files to ms0:/PSP/GAME/REminiscence/data/
    Create an empty directory called ms0:/PSP/GAME/REminiscence/save/

Controls:

D-Pad - Move left, right, up, or down
    Cross - Enter (Use object)
    Circle - Backspace (Inventory / exit from a cinematic scene)
    Triangle - Space (Take out / put back gun)
    Square - Shift (Operate / run / take)
    Start - Esc (Game options)
    L1 - Save
    R1 - Load
    Select - Toggle fast mode and mirror mode
    Long jump - Hold Square + left/right and then push up
    High jump - Hold Square + left/right, release left/right when before edge (he only jumps if ledge is within reach, required on 2nd level)

Known issues:

Italian text order is wrong (waiting for Cyx to extract the string order from the Italian fb.exe)
    You can't load a level 2 save from level 1. You have to choose level 2 in the level select screen and then load your save.
    Sometimes enabling immunity will make Conrad invisibile. Just turn it back on to see Conrad.
    Immunity only stops bullets/robots from knocking you down (traps and falling will still kill you). It only takes effect after first hit.
    Last edited by Sektor; January 18th, 2008 at 03:43.

I cant get speech to work, i have taken the rs.voc and put it in the data folder, have also tried renaming it to voice.vce and it still wont work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Also, 1 thing that is missing is, the movement isnt mapped to the analogue stick. I hate using the D-PAD, as mine wont go diaganals, .

EDIT:- ment to add, awesome update. This game is great, and the way it uses the Amiga tracks, is great.

It has to be named voice.vce. How are you testing it? The guy who wants a transporter speaks and there's speech when you try to use the cartridge to enable the bridge. I got voice.vce directly from the SegaCD ISO.
    Last edited by Sektor; January 18th, 2008 at 03:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    It has to be named voice.vce. How are you testing it? The guy who wants a transporter speaks and there's speech when you try to use the cartridge to enable the bridge. I did get my voice.vce directly from the SegaCD ISO though. I haven't actually downloaded the GP2X version.
    Ah, i see, never played the CD version. So there isnt speech on ever cutscene?

Also, do you know why the music mod's cut out on the ingame sequences?

I don't think any cutscene has speech, just in game when someone talks to you or Conrad talks. The music plays during the whole cutscenes for me, there isn't normally music during the game (sometimes in action parts). I've tested the PC REminiscence and it seems to be the same. It does sound like the music ends abruptly but it's always at the end of a scene in my tests.

I keep getting an error that says "unable to find date files, check that all required files are present!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    I don't think any cutscene has speech, just in game when someone talks to you or Conrad talks. The music played during the whole cutscene for me, there isn't normally music during the game (sometimes in action parts). I've tested the PC version and it seems to be the same.
    Sorry, my fault didnt explain to well. k, ill play abit, as you clarified the speech.

But on all ingame sequences, the Amiga mods play, but they never repeat, its like the mod player is missing the mod repeat command. This problem was in the older REminiscence PSP. Maybe its because its using a mod player to play the mods? as you said it is a PC DOS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Denny View Post
    I keep getting an error that says "unable to find date files, check that all required files are present!"

Check the read me, you need the DOS version data folder, which he has given all urls for said files.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information