Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 Released - Neogeo CD Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

hi, i'am back (tried to defeat metroid prime for the 17'th time or so but no luck ^^) however - back to topic:

It says "Redux" at the top and should have a list of all the files on the root of your dvd-r.
    i can see the main neocd redux screen - yes. but no file list appears it just shows the "Insert Memory Card and press 'A' Button" msg. and only when i run gcos. i also figured out that this gcos version is unable to play alot of backups. i tested 6 games but only one (kururin squash) boots. the other games shows a black screen under this gcos version. so if theres no possibility to get neocd running under cobra there'll be no way 4 neo redux. i don't tried gcos 1.5. could this exec dol files without bba at all?

if no one has an idea (who is Tehskeen at all? the progger?) i might be doing better by trying another emu like xmame if it is able to play "king of fighters" or "metal slug" well.

btw. the 0.1.50 version post is 0.1.48 right? maybe i going well with 0.1.50 but where is it.

but there's a file called "NeroGC" that pretty much guarantees that NeoGeo Redux will properly boot. I'm pretty sure the file also has a step by step pdf file that explains it all. Let me hunt for it on the web and see if i can find it. I used to have it, but once the version of Redux came out that was workable off of sd cards i deleted the nerogc file. And with Tehskeen gone, it's going to be difficult but it should be available somewhere.
    lets see what the future brings playing metal slug or kof98 with friends on gamecube would be fine if it works for me

so for me its 2h later than shown here i'll check back later. gn8

oh i've expected a little longer delay for this file thanks for this. i'll give it a try.

however i have to buy new dvd-r's anyhow so i can't go on now. i'll try it tomorrow and post the result than so c'ya - great community :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Regarding the "insert memory card and press A button", have you tried inserting a memory card in slot A or B and pressing "A"? I remember people on Tehskeen talking about that and how it had something to do with having a memory card in either slot a or b, and that it either did or didn't have to be in the slot when you first turned on your system.

Anyway, Tehskeen was THE website for Gamecube homebrew and emulator projects. It was an awesome site but unfortunately it was forced to shut down about a month ago by authorities.

uhhm it's 3:15am now but i couldn't resist to try it out with a dvd+r (i have to open my cube and tweak the pot to 150ohms instead 300 for dvd-r to play these crappy dvds). i also tried out the way provided by the how-to added by sabres and what should i say.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: IT WORKS GREAT:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and with the self-booting disc even with my lovely cobra bios. this is awesome i could play mslug on my cube thats phenomenal.

the problem was really the memory card i have to plug it in slot-b and than it worked i hope i didn't simply read that over.

so maybe someone have to do something cuz this is an awesome thing wich must be shared to other folks right? :rofl:

THANK YOU Sabres

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by madgyver1 View Post
    uhhm it's 3:15am now but i couldn't resist to try it out with a dvd+r (i have to open my cube and tweak the pot to 150ohms instead 300 for dvd-r to play these crappy dvds). i also tried out the way provided by the how-to added by sabres and what should i say.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: IT WORKS GREAT:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and with the self-booting disc even with my lovely cobra bios. this is awesome i could play mslug on my cube thats phenomenal.

the problem was really the memory card i have to plug it in slot-b and than it worked i hope i didn't simply read that over.

so maybe someone have to do something cuz this is an awesome thing wich must be shared to other folks right? :rofl:

THANK YOU Sabres
    That's awesome that you were able to get it to finally work. I wish Metal Slug 3 was released for the NeoGeo CD but it's available on the X-Box and also on that Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 so i can't complain.

Did you check to see if the previous dvd-r's that you burned work if you have the memory card in slot b? If they do, well now you have a lot of backups in case something happens to your dvd+r.

Lastly, if you have any more problems or questions, just post them here and me or someone else will try to answer them if possible.

Oh, and i see you have Samurai Shodown 3, but why no Samurai Shodown 2? That's the best game in the whole series!

Did you check to see if the previous dvd-r's that you burned work if you have the memory card in slot b? If they do, well now you have a lot of backups in case something happens to your dvd+r.
    the other dvd-r's have a "BOOT" folder instead of a "BIOS" folder and my last dvd-r was unable to run on cobra cuz it wasn't self bootable.

Oh, and i see you have Samurai Shodown 3, but why no Samurai Shodown 2? That's the best game in the whole series!
    i never played samurai shodown

Lastly, if you have any more problems or questions, just post them here and me or someone else will try to answer them if possible.
    :thumbup:

thus i know how get this to work i'll do it likewise

DCEmu Newbie

^^^^

Oh, you chose the WRONG Samurai Shodown to play. Most people consider Part 3 to be the worst of the series, and for good reason, it isn't really any good. Part 2 and Part 4 are great. Part 2 is very old school while Part 4 is a tad more modern but still has an old school feel.

Hey, in Pulstar, i suggest setting the difficulty to the lowest possible setting, that game is brutally difficult. Also, if you tap the shoot button really quickly when you have a level 2 pod attached to your ship, you can fire out special shots different from normal. It varies based on the type of laser you are using. For example, there's one type of laser where when you have it, rapidly tapping the shoot button creates a huge purple circle around your ship that comes in very handy when there are tons of enemies swarming at you, especially near the end of stage 2.

Also, any time you have a pod attached to your ship, if you quickly tap the A and B buttons together, you'll fire out your pod, it'll create a huge explosion and do serious damage to anything, especially bosses. Unfortunately, since it explodes you lose the pod. But, there are times when you are going to have to do this, especially if you are totally surrounded or know you are about to get hit (one hit and your ship explodes). But the cool thing about shooting your pod out and having it explode is that while it is exploding, your ship is totally invincible and you can fly through enemies and projectiles and whatever. But this only lasts about 3 or 4 seconds.

But just be aware, once you get to stage 5 in Pulstar the difficulty goes through the roof! The stages at this point require complete memorization and tons of practice to get through.

Finally, if you are looking for a fun 2-player game, check out "Windjammers". It's kinda like a mixture between "Pong" and "Frisbee", it sounds dumb but it is actually really really fun!

Does this emulator have .wav support? I'm not using those garbage mp3 versions of ISOs. That renders this emulator worthless to purists.

It's ironic that the manual states "if your bios doesn't match up to the crc given above then you have a bad dump, get another one" but then goes on to describe steps of placing .mp3 files. Oh the irony.

.mp3 tracks are BAD audio tracks. Therefore, mp3iso combination make the games bad dumps. Let's see the inclusion of support for SD slot B (no excuse for not supporting it) and .wav support.

What is the actual game compatability/accuracy of the emulation of this emulator? Why's important information always left out of this forums/emu instructions? It baffles me. :-s. It's not use in me downloading this if it's only going to play 10% of the games, and 5% of them without sound.

Thank you, peace out.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ohgodalmighty View Post
    Does this emulator have .wav support? I'm not using those garbage mp3 versions of ISOs. That renders this emulator worthless to purists.

It's ironic that the manual states "if your bios doesn't match up to the crc given above then you have a bad dump, get another one" but then goes on to describe steps of placing .mp3 files. Oh the irony.

.mp3 tracks are BAD audio tracks. Therefore, mp3iso combination make the games bad dumps. Let's see the inclusion of support for SD slot B (no excuse for not supporting it) and .wav support.

What is the actual game compatability/accuracy of the emulation of this emulator? Why's important information always left out of this forums/emu instructions? It baffles me. :-s. It's not use in me downloading this if it's only going to play 10% of the games, and 5% of them without sound.

Thank you, peace out.
    -I think the files must be in mp3 format, as that is how the emulator recognizes the music files to play them.

-I've tried about 8 or 9 games using this emulator, and every single one has played perfectly.

- No one is forcing you to use this emu. If you don't like it then don't use it.

- No one is forcing you to use this emu. If you don't like it then don't use it.
    No one is forcing me to comment whatever I damn well like about it on this forum either.

Promising game compatibility aside, In the current less than satisfactory stage in its development (mp3 only bull$#@!), I'll indeed definitely pass on using it.

Have a nice time playing with your butchered copies.

Peace out.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information