Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 Released - Neogeo CD Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Smile

Holy

omg how could THIS happen thats so distressing. i burned about 4 dvd -r's with a "BOOT" folder instead a "BIOS" folder on it

however, thanks a lot sabres i'll try it again immediatly .oO

crap, i wasted my last dvd-r

i added a pic of the screen that appears after running the dol that sabres added and a pic of the root dir of the dvd-r.

hm, the problem seems to be with the cobra bios - my lovely cobra bios

i flashed the viper gc with the gcos viper gc extreme special version (Beta - espiacially 4 GC Extreme) and it boots now but then hangs up again like the 0.1.52 ver. - maybe i pressed a wrong btn or so. i also tried cobra 2.0 and streaming the dol via usb but doesn't work either. still trying get this to work ...

so, no success here no ver. will work. after going to the main screen, everything seems to stuck even if i try pressing X or Y or Z first. maybe theres something i dont know or it possibly doesn't work for Viper GC Extreme users. green mess is a weird error anyhow.

DCEmu Newbie

Two more things to try, otherwise I'm not sure what else you could do.

First of all, you may or may not have a good version of the NeoCD.bin file. It should be a 512kb file and there are different versions of it, some are good while others aren't. There's really no way to tell which version is good or not, you just have to kind of pick one and see what happens.

Secondly, how you burn your mini dvd-r matters. You can't burn it simply as a data dvd-r. You have to burn it as an ISO Image, I believe.

I wish TEHSKEEN was still around, as that had loads of information and helpful tips with using this emu. But anyway, let me ask you this: Have you been able to use any other emulators such as Genesis Plus, FCEUGC, or SNES9x GX using the dvd-r method?

Also, what are you using for your dvd-r burning program?

I just looked at your 2nd pic. Have you been using only dvd-rw's to try and play this? Not sure if that's a problem or not but I think only dvd-r's can be used for this type of stuff.

the dvd-rw thing in the pic is vista crap. i use only dvd-r's (TDK with TTN04 media code). i set nero 7.0 to iso restrict mode and it don't want to edit something so i guess everything was iso9960 (or whatever).

i also already use an snes emu (dont ask the exact name the injector which makes every *.smc 2 *.dol) and it works perfect - 2players, saving - ...

for the neocd.bin i used an md5 checker to compare it with the checksum in the pdf and as i written before it compares to the first mentioned. so i think it will be fine - but iam not that sure. and the green crap in the screenshot above - i guess u haven't seen such before?

DCEmu Newbie

Is it possible to go back to the SDLoad menu?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by brujagio View Post
    Is it possible to go back to the SDLoad menu?
    Unfortunately, no. Once you load NeoCD Redux, you can change what neogeo cd game you want to play, but you can't go back to the sd load screen.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by madgyver1 View Post
    so, no success here no ver. will work. after going to the main screen, everything seems to stuck even if i try pressing X or Y or Z first. maybe theres something i dont know or it possibly doesn't work for Viper GC Extreme users. green mess is a weird error anyhow.
    Hey madgyver1, what exactly is the main screen that you are referring to? Have you been able to get the Redux main menu to show up? It says "Redux" at the top and should have a list of all the files on the root of your dvd-r. The screen is kind of a blue/silver color.

If you've been able to get this screen to show up, then you are halfway there. From there, you just highlight the folder of the game you want to play, and, at least on the sd card version, you press "X" to select the rom.

Also, yes, using Nero you need to make an ISSO 9660 dvd-r. I don't have it on my computer, but i can hunt for it, but there's a file called "NeroGC" that pretty much guarantees that NeoGeo Redux will properly boot. I'm pretty sure the file also has a step by step pdf file that explains it all. Let me hunt for it on the web and see if i can find it. I used to have it, but once the version of Redux came out that was workable off of sd cards i deleted the nerogc file. And with Tehskeen gone, it's going to be difficult but it should be available somewhere.

DCEmu Newbie

Ah, here we go. NeroGC. The pdf document is very detailed and gives you step by step instructions that are very simple and easy to follow. A lot of people have raved about how this is a great tool for creating bootable dvd-r's. Btw, this was created by softdev

Thread Information