Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sony: Piracy is a big concern and the reason we can't do business in Philippines

DCEmu Newbie

I am from the Philippines and I admit there are alot of people into pirated stuff but there are even more people who buy legit stuff. To brand the Philippines as some kind of a piracy center in Asia or implying it is an insult. Why, most of these pirated CDs and DVDs come from other countries like malaysia or china. Unfair.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
    so every company is "ghey" for not allowing you illegally download game for free and run them?

it aint rascism, its the truth
    Of course its the truth but you obviously never been in a third world country. They need to make money one way or another. We in the US and UK have it easy. I'm not saying its good to make it in an illegal way because i don't condone piracy. I don't question the legality system. But if homebrew really posed a threat...If piracy was really a threat... They would have targeted more than one country. It would have been a regional predicament not focused on one specific country. Sony does not have an excuse to single out the philippines because there are bigger countries than the philippines that has illegal transactions of pirated games as well. They know the bigger countries have money so they dont cut off business to them. It is clear that Sony sees that we the philippines are useless because we don't make dont bring money on the table for sony so they used this piracy excuse to finally pull the plug on the philippines.

DCEmu Newbie

bulls eye

I hate piracy but I like that sign in the pic

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    And here on my PC, that is completely FREE!
    wel, duh im just pointing out on how the philippines is extorting people who pay for these products, when the people who made these programs intended them to be free (e.x DAX's downgrader)

Quote Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
    I am from the Philippines and I admit there are alot of people into pirated stuff but there are even more people who buy legit stuff. To brand the Philippines as some kind of a piracy center in Asia or implying it is an insult. Why, most of these pirated CDs and DVDs come from other countries like malaysia or china. Unfair.

I am agreeing with you comicgeek. I also came from the Philippines and also the sad truth is there are some stores selling pirated stuffs, but why single-ing out the Philippines, the pirated copies that in the Philippines mainly came from Malaysia, China, and in some dumb countries selling their pirated stuff. But Sony should realize that many of the Filipinos now a days using PSP as a main console here and i have to say that they will lose a lot of money not selling their PSP software games. I am also against piracy, there are bad things about piracy, yes we also fight for piracy, but the bigger countries like china still insisting piracy to enter in our country. So why are only the Philippines, maybe most of you dont know what life is here in the Philippines, but not all people here are poor and dumb you know, they just want to make a living, but again no to Piracy, and Sony should sell their original PSP games here, and Filipinos, dont be a dumb about paying for upgrading/downgrading psp firmware, you will be a loser if you pay for them.

DCEmu Rookie

I dont get you ppl. THE HAVE A BLOODY SIGN.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information