Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Language packs/internationalization

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Hi Deniska,i help PDG to translate for german.I´m from there
    now my request,i work on config but my idea is we need two speedwarning maybe citystreets and outbackstreets in german are mostly inner city 50 Km/h and outer village 100 km/h.But highway 130 Km/h.I think we can solut this with different sounds
    How would the program know which sound to play?
    Implementing speed ranges would be confusing for most of the users, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...3&d=1186008699

the "Ñ" is impossible implementation for me :S

Deniska, the mapthis is coded in UTF8?
    I see that you changed a couple of characters in the fond definition..
    Did you modify the corresponding font images?
    Your zipfile does not seem to include them..

LOCAL_CHARSET=abcdefghijklmnñopqrstuvwxyz

Quote Originally Posted by PDG View Post
    No the Config and help file did not support SwedishÅÖ letters so i just put in AAO instead, but thats the only *error* i got tampering with it

The Help file is just like a Textfile showing up on the PSP so i dont think it will affect anything

My edited config file works great too. as long as i edit all the text within the starfields

I receved your PM about translating it to German :thumbup:
    To make things clear, in the config file your can only translate all coments (everything starting with #)

You cannot change variable names (FAKEFEED, WARNINGDISTANCE, etc) since the program is looking for them.

MapThis uses image-based fonts for display of data. This means that you need to edit the 2 png images with font definitions to add or substitute your local letters. Then add your new letter definition to LOCAL_CHARSET variable, which defines the order in which the characters appear in the image files.
    Thurthermore, to make complete internationalization pack, you'll need to re-assign the mapping in danzeff on-screen keyboard and change the graphics files, representing it.
    download and check the russian localization pack for details. (it comes with one of the recent betas.. 4.99, i think)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Implementing speed ranges would be confusing for most of the users, in my opinion.
    I think a small solution is maybe possible when can set two speedwarning limits.for example 50 and 100

right deniska with sounds is not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Hi Deniska,i help PDG to translate for german.I´m from there
    now my request,i work on config but my idea is we need two speedwarning maybe citystreets and outbackstreets in german are mostly inner city 50 Km/h and outer village 100 km/h.But highway 130 Km/h.I think we can solut this with different sounds
    We have speedlimits here in Sweden too
    30, 50, 70, 90, and 120 Kmph.

I just set my config to 90 because i seldom have to go over it, but if i know i have to i can change it to 120 before i go But various speedlimits and soundfiles is a great idea

To make things clear, in the config file your can only translate all coments (everything starting with #)

You cannot change variable names (FAKEFEED, WARNINGDISTANCE, etc) since the program is looking for them.

MapThis uses image-based fonts for display of data. This means that you need to edit the 2 png images with font definitions to add or substitute your local letters. Then add your new letter definition to LOCAL_CHARSET variable, which defines the order in which the characters appear in the image files.
    Thurthermore, to make complete internationalization pack, you'll need to re-assign the mapping in danzeff on-screen keyboard and change the graphics files, representing it.
    download and check the russian localization pack for details. (it comes with one of the recent betas.. 4.99, i think)
    Ooh i noticed i wrote stars (*) when i ment fences (#) My bad..

and ofcourse the default text that isnt within # should be intact. what did you think of some of the multiple language, images, sound and config ideas ?
    is it doable ?

DCEmu Newbie

I see that you changed a couple of characters in the fond definition..
    Did you modify the corresponding font images?
    Your zipfile does not seem to include them..

LOCAL_CHARSET=abcdefghijklmnñopqrstuvwxyz
    yes:

whats is the fonts used on bigfont.png and localfont_small.png?¿

this is a problem. change viewer codification to UTF8. ñ -> Ñ

my localization.txt its write in UTF8 (End of line UNIX)

ideal is write and reads mapthis and all text in UTF8 codification and type "end of line" in UNIX (WIN/DOS make strangle characters in the end of line in the mapthis)

russian localization.txt on UTF8

probe this pack (beta 2) (no working for me)

sorry my bad english

EDIT remove attached file

Maby by letting the user toggle speedlimits by adjusting it on the go
    like jumping out to the main menu with all icons and set speedlimits as people set CPU speed

and, soundfiles could be triggered from there too but one sound to rule them all would do to

I got a ton of PMs from people asking me to sending my .prx files and just to make things easier i made a Guide in falsh showing you guys "How To Do It Your Selve"
    There might be compability issues between diffrent firmware and custom version that i don't know about so just extract them yourselve

Link --> http://www.vampire.se/misc/PSP/flash...xtract_prx_us/

great! I added the link to FAQ

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information