Thread: PlayStation 3 complications caused GTA IV delay - analyst

Blog Entries

ps3 PlayStation 3 complications caused GTA IV delay - analyst

via gibiz

Analyst Michael Pachter believes Rockstar has delayed the release of Grand Theft Auto IV because it is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3.

And the Xbox 360 version of the game has suffered at least a six month delay as a result, due to contractual obligations that will have prevented the publisher from releasing the game first on Microsoft's machine, says the analyst.

"We think it is likely that the Rockstar team had difficulty in building an exceptionally complicated game for the PS3, and failed to recognise how far away from completion the game truly was until recently," said Pachter.

"We think it is also likely that Take-Two had a contractual commitment to Sony that it would not favour competitor Microsoft by launching the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV prior to launching the PS3 version, and believe that any delay of the PS3 version necessitated a delay of the Xbox 360 version," he added.

This failure to recognise development problems could dent investor confidence in the publisher, even after it has taken steps to improve the green light process for software development.

"Take-Two management stumbled badly for the first time during their tenure," commented Pachter.

"While the delay of GTA IV was clearly not the fault of new management, we believe that it should have been better understood several months ago, and should have been communicated to investors much earlier than today.

"The company has begun an initiative to improve the green light process for new projects, but given the delays of Manhunt and GTA, its process for monitoring projects under development appears to be a failure," he said.

ha a hahha.... oh well more delays i think soon will come even worse

Blog Entries

The GTA games for some reason never are completed when they're shipped out to sell, they look and feel finished but they are always very glitchy!

DCEmu Rookie

Pure speculation imo..

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    The GTA games for some reason never are completed when they're shipped out to sell, they look and feel finished but they are always very glitchy!
    so true

PS3 User

Yea this story has no truth to it. It's just someone saying what he thinks is the reason. Until the company its self reviels why it happened I dont believe that story at all. Even if it was PS3's fault oh well, ide rather wait anyway. Only good thing about this is that I know have time to play all the other amazing games comming out this holiday season.

analysts.. they always have different opinions

DCEmu Newbie

The so called analyst is obviously a Sony Hater since he completely ignored the fact that Rockstar has already stated publicly that the slow production has been due to complications with the 360 hardware.....not PS3's. Whatever the reason, everyone should simply wait for an official response from Rockstar. I, personally, am willing to wait however long it takes if it means I am going to get the best game possible right out of the box. I hate having to deal with glitches and patch updates and all the other non-sense that goes along with an incomplete or rushed game.

Thread Information