Thread: Why only the old roms-games are working?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Why only the old roms-games are working?

A year ago I bought at Bangkok, Thialand my DS and a supercard (with SD card) and 5 old and working roms games like jump superstar on my SD card.

Those old games are working just fine but all of the newer won't work at all. I guess it means that I need to upgrade my DS or the Super Card's program but I didnt get how to do it.

What do I need to do for activate the new games just like the old ones and is there any safety guide? I really don't wanna ruin it because I have no way to get new hardwares like new supercard or other stuff like this.

I read that I need to get the right frimware update for my version (like if I got the chinese version I need the chinese frimware update). I don't know if its true and where can I get it, but I hope that people here can guide me or atleast help me to get to the right place.

thanks ppl.

mabye this place can help you, I don't have Supercard myself, but I found this place: http://eng.supercard.cn/download.htm

you can download a new firmware and stuff there I think, you just need to choose the right card that you're using! , Hope it was to any help!

All I can say is that it's best to upgrade to the latest firmware and patcher software combination.

For the firmware, DO NOT UPGRADE FROM 1.63 TO 1.81 DIRECTLY! It could potentially brick your Supercard. Hold L+R upon bootup and press A a few times to find out what version you currently have (probably 1.63). The order of the firmwares is 1.63 - 1.7 - 1.80 - 1.81 (and then 1.82 for Rumble users only). It's best to upgrade in that exact order. Since the 1.80 upgrade file is gone from the English website, grab it from the Chinese one. Going from 1.7 to 1.81 won't break the Supercard but will make the built-in emulators stop working.

Thread Information