Thread: Man sentenced to prison for selling copied video games

Forum Man sentenced to prison for selling copied video games

via AfterDawn

Timothy Hall was sentenced to two years in prison and a $1200 USD fine yesterday, for pleading guilty to selling unauthorized video games on his website.

He pleaded guilty to one count of criminal copyright infringement in May after he was caught selling thousands of copied games on his website, Morbidbackups.net. Hall sold games for the Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Wii and also sold TV series on DVD.

For the five year period started in 2001, Hall made more than $266,000 in profits from selling the counterfeit games, and he acknowledged the fact when pleading guilty.

Back in May, undercover FBI agents placed orders for over 70 Xbox games and the 4 full seasons of the hit show "24" and they received every disc as promised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    via AfterDawn

Timothy Hall was sentenced to two years in prison and a $1200 USD fine yesterday, for pleading guilty to selling unauthorized video games on his website.

He pleaded guilty to one count of criminal copyright infringement in May after he was caught selling thousands of copied games on his website, Morbidbackups.net. Hall sold games for the Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Wii and also sold TV series on DVD.

For the five year period started in 2001, Hall made more than $266,000 in profits from selling the counterfeit games, and he acknowledged the fact when pleading guilty.

Back in May, undercover FBI agents placed orders for over 70 Xbox games and the 4 full seasons of the hit show "24" and they received every disc as promised.
    There's 5 seasons of 24 on DVD but nevermind that, I wonder how many of the discs didn't work properly? Cause I once bought a complete 5 seasons of Angel (that I didn't know way dodgy until I got it) and 15 of the disc's had playing defects (I was refunded and kept it)

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

2 years which will be cut in half. Totally worth it. 200,000 dollars waiting for you when you get out. Sign me up. My friend did 2 years in prson and when he gets out he ain't gonna have 200 dollars when he get's out. it's like these enron execs that made millions, fuking over investors, when they do half their time they will be rich when they get out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ish420ism View Post
    2 years which will be cut in half. Totally worth it. 200,000 dollars waiting for you when you get out. Sign me up. My friend did 2 years in prson and when he gets out he ain't gonna have 200 dollars when he get's out. it's like these enron execs that made millions, fuking over investors, when they do half their time they will be rich when they get out
    You make no sense whatsoever.

why are people bringing this up on this website now? this kind of thing has always been happening

not much as before... but really... this things are coming up...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    why are people bringing this up on this website now? this kind of thing has always been happening
    Because more is being done now, and more publically.

Quote Originally Posted by acn010 View Post
    not much as before... but really... this things are coming up...
    Especially around the same time as the Mod-Chip raids that have been going on recently, they're cracking down heavily on piracy.

Default Man sentenced to prison for selling copied video games

Timothy Hall was sentenced to two years in prison and a $1200 USD fine yesterday, for pleading guilty to selling unauthorized video games on his website. » Full text .

In China piracy is free....

Dead old thread = thread closure

Lockage applied

Thread Information