Thread: Wii's most popular VC games

Blog Entries

Rev Wii's most popular VC games

via joystiq

Siliconera's Spencer Yip put together the handy-dandy spreadsheet you see above featuring the most popular Wii Virtual Console games, available for review now following the recent Wii update. The list shows Japan on the left and the US on the right. Nobody seems to know how the popularity of these games is determined, after Siliconera made their list, it changed for Wii Fanboy, then again when we checked. Hopefully the system will become clearer in time.

Look at all that Mario in the Top 10, with a heavy dose of Link for the US. This will certainly be an interesting chart to watch as more games become available. Maybe it will finally spur Xbox Live Arcade to get one. It would be interesting to know what's popular on XBLA, at least we know it wouldn't be Mario all the way down.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Its good to see Shining Force raking in some money for Sega again. Maybe it'll inspire them to put Shining Force 3 out in its entirety for the Wii. It has always depressed me that the US only got about 1/4 (or 1/3, depending on how you look at it) of Shining Force 3 when it came out on the Saturn.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

I agree, BlueCrab, they could re-launch this title in a remake for Wii, since they won't make it available in the vc.

Thread Information