Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selfbooting Neo4All CD game from Inducer

Default Selfbooting Neo4All CD game from Inducer

Hi there-

I was wondering if it's at all possible to use the standalone (as in, put the neo game data on the disc) Neo4All binary along with selfboot inducer?

I unscrambled it, etc., and I got it to boot as far as the splash.bmp, but for whatever reason it wasn't able to find the actual game files.

The instructions for making a standalone Neo4All CD ask that you extract the data track of a NeoCD game, then add the four emulator files, rebuild it, and burn with the audio tracks. Because I was trying to make it work with Selfboot Inducer, I just dumped the entirety of the data track into the root Inducer directory. I ignored the audio tracks entirely - presumably if I felt like playing around with BootDreams I could probably manage an SBI disc with CDDA - mainly because I wanted to conserve space.

Any idea what's making it not work?

bump, because I wanna know too.

Just to make sure before I make a long post, you want a NeoGeo CD game and NEO4ALL on the same disc?

I have tried several methods, but still get black screen. I would love to know how the standalone games are made like Neo Turf that are on snesorama forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fackue View Post
    Just to make sure before I make a long post, you want a NeoGeo CD game and NEO4ALL on the same disc?
    yessir. also, can you get it to boot straight to the game with no interface menus before it?

Yes, you can. I am using the latest version of BootDreams with it's ability to add CDDA to your games.

Here's what I do:
    1. You copy the files from your NGCD game to C:/BootDreams/Neo4All/
    2. Then add the files from Neo4All (1st_read.bin, splash.bmp, config.cfg) and don't forget the NeoGeoCD BIOS "NEOCD.BIN" (512K)
    3. Copy your CDDA tracks in C:/BootDreams/cdda/
    4. Then you start BootDreams, choose "CDRecord GUI" (second icon from the right), browse for your Neo4All folder, and check "add CDDA" (in "Extras").
    5. Click on "Process". BootDreams will ask you which tracks to add. Add them to the two existing dummy files ("audio.raw") and click on "OK". That's it.

- Atm I am converting all my games that way.

I am even trying to make covers for them:

(Will post more when I am done )
    Last edited by Christuserloeser; December 20th, 2007 at 00:59.

5. Click on "Process". BootDreams will ask you which tracks to add. Add them to the two existing dummy files ("audio.raw") and click on "OK". That's it.
    Just to add to that - Audio\Data disc format should need just one audio.raw and the Data\Data format shouldn't need it at all.

Otherwise the CDDA will play out of order.

There's also another way of doing it but your way is better. I'm actually surprised it works that way for Audio\Data formats. The other way of doing it is burning the NGCD game in the first session then burn the emu in the second session as if the NGCD game was a audio.raw. Though, I haven't tested this yet and may not even work. The Data\Data format would allow you to use the NGCD game in the NGCD game console and emulators.
    Last edited by fackue; December 20th, 2007 at 07:27.

Christuserloeser, for some reason that method didn't work for me. CD turns up in Dreamcast as an audio cd. I tried using a boot disc and everything. I wonder what I did wrong.

DCEmu Newbie

This is an old thread but I had to bring it back to life.

In the standalone the option for cdda is turned off by default in the config file. I have tried just switching it to on but still get no cdda .

If I use the same disks I made with the standalone with the normal emu disk the cdda works fine, so I can't see how it could be a burning issue.

This is really driving me crazy .

DCEmu Newbie

actually after reading another post by christuser I think I have it now.

You have to burn as data/data in bootdreams. It might not hurt to change default cdda in config.cfg to on also.

Anyway now I have league bowling with the cdda on a standalone selfbooting disc. YAY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information