It almost seems a little cruel for the disparity in native resolution between the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Call Of Duty: Ghosts to have overshadowed the release of the game. It’s not easy to release a game across PC, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3 plus two new next gen consoles, Xbox One and PS4, in one month.Though the average man on the street might not notice, among more discerning players that resolution difference has become an important indicator of PS4′s power over Xbox One. And it would have been easy for Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin to dodge the difficult questions surrounding the relative performance; but he’s is far from evasive on the subject when we speak this morning. He seems keen to set the record straight, though clearly cognisant of the need for diplomacy when speaking about the two platform holders’ consoles.Though of course he must watch what he says to the press, he offers no plea to Sony for a change in system architecture or an update in SDK – that’s something for Microsoft to chew on. Here, he tackles why there’s a difference in native resolution, and what that means for studios working with PS4 and Xbox One hardware.Can you personally see the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions running side by side?If they’re running side by side, some people will, some people won’t. The 720 on Xbox One is upscaled to 1080p as far as resolution is concerned – some people have noticed and some people haven’t. I think it’s an individual call. Maybe it’s a close call and maybe it’s not for some people. It really depends on how hyper-aware you are of things like that.Do you think most people will notice?If you bought one version or the other it looks great, and that’s how most people will experience the systems – they’re going to buy one and they’re not going to buy both, necessarily.So I think people will see the new game and think ‘wow it looks great’ – tons of new graphics features, all next gen and that’s how I think it’ll happen. As far as, like, if people start doing side by sides, I don’t know. I mean, I’m sure once the game and next gen launches and people start doing the comparisons – you know, like making YouTube videos – but I don’t know if people will really be able to tell that much difference.To be honest, we’re kinda gonna have to wait and see. We’ve never done, specifically, a comparison of any sorts. So we have both systems and we can set up those at any time, but it’s something we didn’t purposely try to compare, we’re just concentrate on making each one, not trying to compare each one.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/spot...ion-disparity/