Thread: ZXDS 0.5.1 beta 1 - Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS ZXDS 0.5.1 beta 1 - Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS

Patrik Rak has released a new version of his Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS, heres some info:

There are two versions, ZXDS.nds for Slot-1 (DS slot) based cards, and ZXDS.ds.gba for Slot-2 (GBA slot) based cards. Just choose the one which suits your card best.

The provided executable was already patched with the r4tf.dldi DLDI driver, so it works fine on both my M3 DS Simply and M3 Mini SD Perfect. Of course, it should work fine on any other card which supports DLDI as well. Just give it a try and you will see. If it won't work for you right away, you might need to patch it with a specific DLDI driver for your card with a DLDI patcher, both of which you can find here. It might be wise to patch it in either case, just to make sure you have the most recent version of the DLDI driver for your card. If it still doesn't work, I am really sorry, but there is not much I can do about it. Please do NOT contact me regarding if it works or doesn't work on your card, at least at this point of time.

You should also copy some snapshots or tape files to your card. Either SNA/Z80 snapshots or TAP/TZX/PZX tape files are supported. You can place them anywhere you want, although the /ZXDS directory is looked up first by default. For your convenience, I have included few Spectrum games in SNA or TAP format, so you can at least give it a go.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Fantastic! I'm getting twitchy to play Target: Renegade and Gauntlet 2 on my DS... loaded gotta go.

Excellent work on the emu!

DCEmu Newbie

Oh! My favourite emu! Previous version worked fantastic (apart of roms folder and roms browser ). So far compatibility is almost 100% at full speed! Thanks.

Thread Information