Thread: First screens from PSP's Aliens/Predator game

psp First screens from PSP's Aliens/Predator game

via Computer and Video Games

We rported last week that a new Aliens/Predator game was heading to PSP, and now we've first screenshots to entertain your eyeballs.

In development at Rebellion - no stranger to the Aliens/Predator license having delivered the excellent Aliens vs. Predator PC FPS - the third-person action-adventure's based on a new Aliens/Predator movie.

You may or may not be disappointed by the fact that you only get to play the Predator, tooled up with his nifty camo and vision tricks and weaponry to splatter humans and aliens.

The game includes a co-op multiplayer mode allowing you and a mate to go Predator and run amok against loads of Aliens.

Screenshots here

I heard somewhere that the game is based on a future sequel of the Alien VS Predator movie

Most of the games based on movies suck, let's hope this one breaks the rule, cause it sounds very cool

and looks cool

Man, no playing as aliens or marines?
    I never liked the other AvP games because they would do their best to make the player alone in single player, even if the player was an alien.

the graphics look pretty nice. good high res textures.

DCEmu Rookie

I doubt the game will look like the screens "ingame". These screens might be from the engine, but I bet it's like in games like "daxter". The models look better in the "ingame movies" than in the actual level, u know?

So this might also be kinda "ingame video" that should make u guys hunger for the game sad but true

Avp graphics on psp look amazing i hope it plays good as it looks most majority psp games have cool graphics and gameplay for example tekken and ridge racer 2 they look outstanding on psp.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    I doubt the game will look like the screens "ingame". These screens might be from the engine, but I bet it's like in games like "daxter". The models look better in the "ingame movies" than in the actual level, u know?

So this might also be kinda "ingame video" that should make u guys hunger for the game sad but true
    Uhmm... you know GOW? Psp can make a great gfx with cpu at 333.

DCEmu Pro

Oh, right, I guess this game will be taking full advantage of the PSP's CPU! At least I hope so. It looks really, really neat, and I highly doubt those are so-called pre-rendered graphics. I also think that you will be able to play as Aliens or Marines, but that they haven't gotten that far in development just yet.

To be honest, I think Rebellion (they made AvP1, but not 2) will develop this into a great game, even if it means breaking the "movies <-> games-productions suck fact". Time will show. BUT, I don't think the movie will be that good.

Thread Information