Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The State of the Homebrew Scene August 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspit View Post
    I think this article had more to do with systems that are readily available. The older systems you have to ebay or garage sale for them.

It would be nice if a separate article could be written about older systems and the things that can be done with them. especially for people that happen to have them in mothballs somewhere.
    No, they are just the systems that are on the site.

DCEmu Rookie

Don't discount wii just yet. Go to wiii.knibble.com through your wii browser and play over 5000 homebrew games includiing alien hominid. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by skipboris View Post
    Don't discount wii just yet. Go to wiii.knibble.com through your wii browser and play over 5000 homebrew games includiing alien hominid. :thumbup:
    Those are flash games. Thats not exactly what this article is about.

I mean every console with a flash player would be a homebrewed console in your eyes then. This is to do more with hacking the system files in order to run a program which bypasses the security in place.

DCEmu Newbie

It should be noted that the XBox does not need to be chipped. You can softmod it to get it to run homebrew software. Yes, it's true that the releases are hard to get, but with so many already out, it's not a bad console to get at all.

I highly recommend XBMC, or XBox Media Center. It's like having a media center PC, but works and looks better. At the cost of a used XBox, XBMC is a far better solution than just about anything else on the market.

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

How could I find this boring. This was very informative, and I love knowing the status of every console freatured in this great site. Thanks Wrag for the informative breakdown. And it all started with the DC. NICEEE!!

DCEmu Rookie

Default iphonehomebrew

well the thought of the homebrew scene on the apple iphone sounds interesting... but it will never be as good as a windows mobile pocket pc phone...

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by koiulpoi View Post
    It should be noted that the XBox does not need to be chipped. You can softmod it to get it to run homebrew software. Yes, it's true that the releases are hard to get, but with so many already out, it's not a bad console to get at all.

I highly recommend XBMC, or XBox Media Center. It's like having a media center PC, but works and looks better. At the cost of a used XBox, XBMC is a far better solution than just about anything else on the market.
    Yeah, I've heard good things about XBOX homebrew. I have one of the older XBOX's that I have wanted to softmod for a while.

I have the Splinter Cell game needed to do it. Now I guess I need the Action Replay for XBOX and I thought there was something else needed but I forgot.

I used to play HALO 2 on XBOX Live with it all the time so I'm hoping Microsoft did not patch it with an update to prevent soft modding during one of the HALO updates.

Blog Entries

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-59670.aspx

Help get this main paged digged also

DCEmu Newbie

There's already a legal, open source development kit for the xbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenXDK

Quote Originally Posted by Airdevil View Post
    Those are flash games. Thats not exactly what this article is about.

I mean every console with a flash player would be a homebrewed console in your eyes then. This is to do more with hacking the system files in order to run a program which bypasses the security in place.
    The article is about homebrew not bypassing security (I don't recall ever having to bypass any security on the gp32, gp2x, or dreamcast), and if flash/ajax games written by homebrew developers aren't homebrew then what are they?

I also find it strange that the recently released (and then for some reason removed) wiimote api for Opera wasn't mentioned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information