Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! 0.5 (1 Year Anniversary Edition)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    Deniska, had my first road trip with 0.5 (and my psp-290 as always) today. Newly 3.52 prx files (extracted myself). My hopes were VERY high because of this new version with new features.

But i'm shocked of gps performance. It's way down than 04.99 !!
    hmm...complete different experience here.

I tried it out yesterday night to test the new nightmode (it's really excellent!). I saw so mich satellites than never before in my town! Perhaps I got a good GPS-day, but the sky was very cloudy....

I'll take my GPS to work to test it again, but I think it has become better than ever before.

Furthermore: No crashes yet!

Ah, before I forget that: German voice-prompts are ready and work really really fine. Another User of this forum will test them before I want to post the files here. PNs are welcome...

DCEmu Newbie

Good Morning

first thank you for the files, Waltrock. I will test them after work and will report.

Yesterday I had some curious issues with "WIFI MAP UPLOAD":
    Wifi connection worked fine, tested it in the xmb menue and wifi switch was on. In my first attempt mapthis tried to get some connect within 20 times. After that I tried it again and psp crashed and switched completly off...
    I think it depends on some memory leakage or?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Waltrock View Post
    I saw so mich satellites than never before in my town!
    never seen any possibility to select your satellite on your own. I turn on my holux and the nearest satellite he find will be choosen. Hmm, is there any chance to select your satellite individually?

juz a quick question for GPS-290 fellow users: anyone tried lowering the satinfofrequency to a lower value so that we can get an even better reception?

deniska is this 90mhz the tested and proven best speed for this GPS-290 unit? juz curious...

and oso if u dun mind me asking, u did explained what is warm start on page 9...but how abt cold n hot? juz hoping to get more info on configs so that fixing of sat will be optimized...thx in advance..!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bolemichel View Post
    never seen any possibility to select your satellite on your own. I turn on my holux and the nearest satellite he find will be choosen. Hmm, is there any chance to select your satellite individually?
    You misunderstood...

I see the satellites in the Sat-Info-Screen. I don't choose them

This morning i have had the same view as before. I think there are more satellites at night over my head . But I cannot confirm that the fix needs much longer with the new version!

deniska is this 90mhz the tested and proven best speed for this GPS-290 unit? juz curious...
    The unit has problems with the electrical field the processor of the PSP generates. So if you slow down the CPU the field max disappear and you see more satellites and get earlier fixes. Because of this the CPU-Speed is just 90mhz in the Sat-Info-Screen. If you change to the mapview, you have the speed that you set in the menu (222mhz or 333mhz)

thx for the reply waltrock...but all tat u've replied i already know abt them -> the lower the field...the faster it fixes...

but my question is actually asking -> is 90mhz a tested n proven best setting (fastest fix on, least possible chance of mapthis freezing, most stable cpu speed) for GPS-290 or is it possible that there might be an even lower frequency (which hasn't been tested yet) which might make it work even better...

DCEmu Regular

You can set:

SATINFOFREQUENCY to 20 mhz

This is the lowest value possible.

20 mhz will give a few seconds faster fix then 90 mhz.

Sometimes, sometimes not

DCEmu Newbie

deniska - Thanks for the update! Also thank you for the Geodata "work around"

I am having some trouble extracting the contents- I get an "unexpected end of file" error. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Default Great Application !

Wonderful work !

For me it works perfectly with the 5.0 with my Holux GPS. For information I could not get the GPS to fix with previous versions... now it just works !

The interface is great. Congratulations

Regarding the maps, I am still annoyed with gmdl as I do not have windows, I am looking at the code to see if I could make some script to get the maps directly from the websites.

Ixar

PS: By the way thanks for hex-a-hop as well, I spent my holidays on it

Thread Information