Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! 0.5 (1 Year Anniversary Edition)

DCEmu Pro

can someone PLEASE point me in the direction of a guide that includes full instructions for users with NO gps? or could someone who doesnt have one please zip and send me your folder set-up? (not including map)

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all,
    I have the same problem than Urus.
    I have made waypoints with GMDL 0.5.00.b on the map of my city but when I try to drive I don't have the sound.

The waypoints and POI are good, they write "turn left, turn right, etc..." but when I'm on, there is no voice.
    I don't understand what I must do anymore for works.

Also, the 0.5 works perfectly and thank you so much
    to the people worked on.

DCEmu Regular

Ursus, ry0san, have you unzipped the GMDL archive, and do you definitely have sounds.txt in the same directory as the exe?

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane, yes I have unzipped GMDL and I have the sounds.txt near the Global Map Download Tool.exe.
    I have made my waypoints in the "direction" tab.
    Maybe I have forgot an option.
    But this is the same procedure than the older versions of mapthis and GMDL isnt'it ? There is nothing to do anymore ?

Wow so I've finally had a chance to test the new version out and I have to say it is very impressive!

Deniska you never cease to amaze us.

Two things I would like to see added for the new features in the upcoming versions:
    the ability to control the tilt level in 3D mode (MapThis! = Google Earth for PSP) &
    the ability to have "autonightmode" in config.txt for nightmode.

The autonightmode could be set with a value like "autonightmode=20:00" so after 8:00 PM it will always start the map with auto nightmode, or if a map is already opened, and that time passes, it will automatically switch to the nightmode version of the current view.

I know there is the ability toggle it always on or always off, but that requires editing the config every time, plus i know you can toggle through the views to get to the nightmode ones, but I just think this would be a nice feature.

Plus if you could program in sunrise/sunset times (like in Art's time baby program) that would make it even more powerful so you could just have nightmode automatically enable 30 minutes after sunset and disable 30 minutes after sunrise (or whatever predefined delay time set in config.txt for "autonightmodedelay=00:30").

I am glad to see you constantly improving your application and I know that community feedback can be important.

Thanks again deniska and in7ane for MapThis! and GMDL tools.

ps please let me know if I should post this to the discussion forums instead, or if this is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    Ursus, ry0san, have you unzipped the GMDL archive, and do you definitely have sounds.txt in the same directory as the exe?
    I found out the problem in7ane, I opened the exe under the folder "obj" and the direction prompt all came out as "0" which does not have a corresponding message with it. However when I ran the exe under the "bin" folder (w/ the sounds.txt folder, thanks for making this clear) it works perfectly. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Default Mapthis 0.5 Anniversary Edition

Cool. Thanks for everything deniska. The 3D mode is cool:thumbup: .

DCEmu Newbie

Default wow

this is the most stable release of mapthis! i have ever used. i tested it all day and am very impressed, and love the 3D and inverted color views. :thumbup: well worth the wait.

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone know a site to get more GPS sounds?

I'm mainly after "Keep Straight".

what does PSP290 SAT.AQUISITION do?

what does the value 0,1,2 exactly mean?

By the way...great work!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information