Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! 0.5 (1 Year Anniversary Edition)

DCEmu Newbie

Great Work Deniska! I always wanted to play music while using this and now I can! Thanks so much for your time and effort.

DCEmu Newbie

lol everybody here are happy with their gps receiver..except me
    I bought the PsP290 three months ago and I still can't get fixed any satellite. (10 min waiting)

cf340
    usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx extracted by myself from original sony 340fw, with the program.
    wifi off
    no umd
    gps speed lowered

What should I do?Does exists any tool to debug gps signal?I heard about usb fix tool...does it matter?advices?

crying.....wasted my money..

DCEmu Newbie

how can i make the POIs i dled show up on the map all at the same time?? like all the categories...some of the food POIs does not show up...only starbucks...

Quote Originally Posted by pspryu101 View Post
    how can i make the POIs i dled show up on the map all at the same time?? like all the categories...some of the food POIs does not show up...only starbucks...
    just merge them in to one file.
    make sure each diferent chunk is preseded with icin definition:
    !IMAGE:food.png,
    (example for restaurants)
    make sure that the image with same name is present in either map's directory or ../system/icons/ directory

DCEmu Newbie

Im still having problems with the sound. I tried several things and the voice prompt plays to fast. What should i do?

DCEmu Newbie

delete old Soundfiles in the folder of you map if there are some...

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    Deniska, had my first road trip with 0.5 (and my psp-290 as always) today. Newly 3.52 prx files (extracted myself). My hopes were VERY high because of this new version with new features.

But i'm shocked of gps performance. It's way down than 04.99 !!

As you know i'm a very advanced user but i don't understand this:

The psp-290 dropped it's signal almost every minute while in 3d mode ??

After a while the signal didn't even came back ! Rebooting the psp helped, but it took almost 5 minutes to lock then again.

Also, when the sats are locked, the arrow on the screen dances like Elvis in the fifties on the screen, what is happening ?

North up mode helped a bit but wow i didn't expect this bad performance at all.

I might consider going back to 04.99 as everything was fine there !!

Is it my setup or am i having a bad GPS day ? Because it was beautifull weather, almost no clouds at all and my 290 locked in at 1:56 min on 4 sats at once (20 mhz).

Also i saw now noticable differences between 333 mhz and 222 mhz. 222 is much more keeping the signal in driving conditions.

But the 3d mode needs 333 mhz i think, because it has to render the images.

Also the missing tiles rendering was making my psp-290 totally loose control. It says my car was flying over the road ??

Hope you have answers for this, what did you do on :

-Sat fixing and keeping fix code ?
    -CPU memory using ?
    To quote myself, because Deniska had many many replies Now that the storm is over maybe he can answer my questions

DCEmu Newbie

Default Coordinate translations question

Hello,

I have had a look at the coordinate translation code, and I would love some explanation

In fact I am writing a small script to generate maps (in python) to be able to generate my own maps on linux... At the moment I use google as map source, and I implemented the map image retrieval.
    For this to work, I used a mercator projection that seems to match perfectly google projection. (Note that it is not the UTM).

At that point I need to write the GPSFS, and I read the code treating the coords.txt to interpolate the coordinates. This code does not seems to consider the mercator projection.

Is the goal to simplify the computation to go faster ? Or did I miss something ?

Thanks for your help.
    Ixar

Codaz and everyone else asking,
    I just want to make it clear, since people keep bringing up PSP-290 satellite fixing topic.
    There was nothing done in 0.5 (other than playing with PSP clock frequencies) to improve the reception of the psp-290 unit...
    I doubt that the reception can be improved programatically...

BTW, weather has much less impact on the reception than, for example, solar activity...
    So having a sunny day - does not guarantee a good reception..but having a good receiver usually helps it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ixar View Post
    Hello,

I have had a look at the coordinate translation code, and I would love some explanation

In fact I am writing a small script to generate maps (in python) to be able to generate my own maps on linux... At the moment I use google as map source, and I implemented the map image retrieval.
    For this to work, I used a mercator projection that seems to match perfectly google projection. (Note that it is not the UTM).

At that point I need to write the GPSFS, and I read the code treating the coords.txt to interpolate the coordinates. This code does not seems to consider the mercator projection.

Is the goal to simplify the computation to go faster ? Or did I miss something ?

Thanks for your help.
    Ixar
    what code are your lloking at (gmdl/mapThis)?
    Can you specify a function name?
    If it is gmdl question - put it in gmdl thread..
    Overwise, use development thread in discussion forum.

Thread Information