Need for Speed Rivals runs at a native resolution of 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4.
With resolution having become such a hot topic with the new consoles,Digital Foundry reports that Ghost Games' racer is the first cross-platform game to hit the critical full-HD mark on both consoles.
Talk of resolutions and frame rates became major a point of contention between Sony and Microsoft's new consoles after it emerged that both Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 run at a higher resolution on PS4.
Battlefield 4 was confirmed to render natively at 900p (1600 x 900) and 60fps on PS4 before Infinity Ward confirmed full 1080p/60fps native output for Call of Duty: Ghosts on Sony's console. Both games will run natively at 720p (1280 x 720) on Xbox One with 1080p upscaling.
So far, PS4 appears to have had the upper hand in raw performance, but Ghost Games creative director Craig Sullivan told Eurogamer that it's still too early to tell which console offers simpler development for game makers.
"Each has its own challenges, I think. Ask me that same question again in two years and people will be able to give you a real answer," he said.
"Right now, the console's aren't even out, and people are trying to say this about development and that about development. The thing is they're both very different to develop for, and they both have their quirks, and I'm sure they will both be reviewed side by side and people will put our game side by side on both platforms - I know Battlefield's getting a lot of that."
CVG recently sat down with Need For Speed: Rivals lead designer James Mouat, who provided fresh insight into the studio's plans for the series, and where he thinks the racing genre is heading.
NFS Rivals is a next-gen launch title. The Xbox One version will be released alongside the console on November 22. The PS4 version hits Europe with PS4 on Novmeber 29, and publisher EA has brought forward the the game's US PS4 release to November 15 to align it with the launch of the console in that region.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...x-one-and-ps4/