Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: VBA for PSP Test 003

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel
    I finally got mine to work, i have a 1.50 version psp and io couls never get it to work when i downloaded the helpful emu packs. the thing is that when u hide corrupted files ppl use the treick of 29 spaces or something. Dont do thius with the vbapsp emulator I REPEAT DONT. just have the files VBAPSP and VBAPSP% thats all. then put your rom inside labeled rom.gba
    Same thing applies with most other homebrews. forget the spaces unles u are using a program to do so

Most ppl have 1.0 which is why they cant explain the (8---------) error.
    Sorry for bothering you, but I don't get it...
    Could you plz explain it step-by-step?
    I'm quite good in English, but I guess I'm just too tired know, to understand that.^^"
    Thx in advance! Peace...

DCEmu Newbie

Default Whats the specs for this to work?

I also have firnware 1.50 but i cant pay any games i keep getting a cannot load rom error. I'am i the only one? If you need firware 1.00 someone post a link for the downgrade.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JayEm
    Sorry for bothering you, but I don't get it...
    Could you plz explain it step-by-step?
    I'm quite good in English, but I guess I'm just too tired know, to understand that.^^"
    Thx in advance! Peace...
    Im sorry, i guess i kinda rushed it a bit. I've got a psp version 1.50 and all homebrew games and emulators work. The trick has something to do with a loader made for your emulator by a program such as Kxploit. This results in a folder with your emulator and another folder with a loader. When you load up your psp the folder with the loader in it comes out as corrupted data. So programs hide it by making the name of the folders more then 29 characters or something. It worked okay with all the emulators except the VBAPSP emulator. So what i did to get it to work was name the folders :-

Folder 1 Folder2
    VBAPSP VBAPSP%

Then after that get a GBA rom, make sure it is unzipped. Then rename it rom.gba After that it in the folder with your emulator, not the folder with VBAPSP%

If your successful and you think oh my god my psp is bust. No its not, its just that at the moment it is still very slow but at least you understand how to get it to work right???.....

To try to see if any emulator works download a premade emulator pack in the files section. Try the RIN emulator for GBC.
    If it still doesnt work then you havnt got firmware version 1.50 but a version that is higher. There are helpful faqs where you can find how to downgrade to 1.5 from 2.0

DCEmu Newbie

how about an easy answer? lots are confused now. can someone show an example of how to rename the gba rom?
    for example:
    fire emblem.gba -> fire emblem rom.gba

is this how you rename them? someone clear this up.

Q.

You would simply rename fireemblem.gba to rom.gba.......

Its that simple.

But promise me you wont throw your PSP out the window when the game runs at 0.00000001 fps......

So...um...that ther gba emu roxx, eh?

Will this damn thing ever be updated?

DCEmu Newbie

Never Did Getnthis App.

Hi i have firmware 2.5 and succesfully managed to get vba for psp on it but the corupt message has come up after i wanted to test pokemon fire red on it. Doesn't work and need some support please.

DCEmu Rookie

Doesnt work on 2.5

does it work for 2.0? I heard that it wont for 2.01 and higher but I have a 2.0. I cant seem to get VGA to work on it though, despite all the faqs and threads Ive read.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information