Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: VBA for PSP Test 003

DCEmu Newbie

i know this is gonna sound noobish but on memerory card thr is a psp file , thn only a system file, no game or pictures folder, so i really need to know about eboot and things

DCEmu Newbie

now i have got further, i got the eboot loader and when i try to load vbapsp it says "Found suspicious hard path at 089A57C8
    ms:/PSP/GAME/vbapsp/

DCEmu Newbie

Can anyone teach me how to be able to play GBA game in PSP step by step please?

DCEmu Newbie

Question

Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel
    Im sorry, i guess i kinda rushed it a bit. I've got a psp version 1.50 and all homebrew games and emulators work. The trick has something to do with a loader made for your emulator by a program such as Kxploit. This results in a folder with your emulator and another folder with a loader. When you load up your psp the folder with the loader in it comes out as corrupted data. So programs hide it by making the name of the folders more then 29 characters or something. It worked okay with all the emulators except the VBAPSP emulator. So what i did to get it to work was name the folders :-

Folder 1 Folder2
    VBAPSP VBAPSP%

Then after that get a GBA rom, make sure it is unzipped. Then rename it rom.gba After that it in the folder with your emulator, not the folder with VBAPSP%

If your successful and you think oh my god my psp is bust. No its not, its just that at the moment it is still very slow but at least you understand how to get it to work right???.....

To try to see if any emulator works download a premade emulator pack in the files section. Try the RIN emulator for GBC.
    If it still doesnt work then you havnt got firmware version 1.50 but a version that is higher. There are helpful faqs where you can find how to downgrade to 1.5 from 2.0
    These are the files that I followed your steps, but it still says "Could not be play(80020001)":
    E:\PSP\GAME\VBAPSP\EBOOT.PBP
    E:\PSP\GAME\VBAPSP\ROM.GBA
    E:\PSP\GAME\VBAPSP%\empty
    *My PSP is 1.50, what did I do wrong?

DCEmu Newbie

Default hmmm

hmm well i dont get the "game cannot be run 8****blahblahblah" problem it simply goes black and turns off (thank god it doesnt brick it ) anyone have any ideas....could the rom be too big its approx 16mb a tiny bit bigger. any ideas would be appreciated (wait i just realised might just be the rom because pokemon ruby which is 16,384mb runs and leaf green(the one im trying to run) doesnt and their the same size) meh oh well i suppose i can play tales of phantasia ooh wait ill try pokemon silver

*edited it reallly bad spelling

PSP Coder

Question

If the other folder(%) is empty then... DUH??

PSPoggle v0.3
    AOTM Morrowind Mod
    "Age is such an ignorant thing, judge no one by it."

Default This is how it works for version 2.60 only

if you have version 2.60, download VBAPSP then use Kxploit to create 2 files(VBAPSP and VBAPSP%)
    put them in the psp/game/ then download the eloader from pspupdates.qj.net ( download the Auto Installer if you dont know how to install) and you must have GTA :LCS in order to load eloader, then download the rom you want, rename that rom to rom.gba and put it in the VBAPSP folder (not VBAPSP%)then load the eloader and choose the one that has Kxploit in it , then it will say error cannot play...whatever, then press O to start the game it takes about 5 seconds to load it so give it some time. The speed depends what kind of game you put so dont put anything over 10,000, altough it still runs a little slow but its almost at good pace.
    If only it was at 100% then we would all be very happy and lazy

DCEmu Newbie

Default omgomgomg

I've downloaded emu, made directory GAME\vbapsp and unzipped files to there. Also renamed the rom rom.gba . Still doesn't work! Help me

DCEmu Newbie

every time i click it on my psp it says corrupt data

DCEmu Newbie

I've got the same problem
    HEEEELPPP

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information