Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VBA for PSP Test 003

PSP User

Default VBA for PSP Test 003

I dont know what is new, I dont understand the readme but here it is

Download from here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/vbapsp.shtml

Updated release of Game Boy Advance emulator for the PSP.

Thanks for finding release (wraggster)

PSP Coder

Checked PSP Wiki and did see it on their website...looks interesting, hopefully someone can get an english updates/feature list?

DCEmu Newbie

Very ugly. I believe it mentions that the GPU is used but puts tremendous stress on the PSP that it often crashes. That's why tests are needed.
    It says it has a save feature but be sure to delete the previous save if you use another ROM as it will crash while trying to write to the previous save file. It'll make a new folder inside the folder as the save data. There is still no sound and the emulator still runs pretty poorly according to the read me. As usual, it may crash upon the initiation of the rom, or sometime later w/o warning.
    So yes, still very buggy. Not much has changed, but they want to see if it can run better.

I'll try it and get back with you soon.

EDIT: forgot to mention that they bumped up the rom size limit to 17MB, but mention it may still not load it properly. No zip file support still.

2nd EDIT: damnit, I hate being sleepy, but it also mentions pressing square and triangle for upping frameskip and lowering it.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Tested it.

Alright, I tested it, and it appears to run roughly 5~15% faster, and the frameskip works very well but of course it will not make the animation smooth, only choppy. I think if this keeps up, we may see a very well running version within a month =)

EDIT:

Ok, tested on my fiance's 1.5 and it runs on it too.
    The save data files do work but I had it crash on me once already after 8 start ups. I tried 10 different games so far and they seem to work. If you don't mind playing some games at less than half the speed then you can probably finish the game in due time XD

PSP Coder

Thanks for the translation Jeisu, very appreciated .

Blog Entries

seems faster but still not playable but its looing good

Blog Entries

Several Users have informed me that the new release has new features and even sound in this release, heres a rundown of features found:

Pushing Right/Left on the Analogue stick turns sound on and off.

Pushing Up/Down on the Analogue Stick turns the background from Black (222mhz), Blue(possibly 266mhz) to Red (333mhz)
    this does give a noticeable speed difference on the Red Background.

Pressing Triangle and Square increase or decrease frame Skipping.

Download the Gameboy Advance emulator for PSP here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/vbapsp.shtml

Exclamation confused

WOOO finally a GBA emulator for PSP ...lol this is so awesome; except i have 1 teenie little prob.... firmware v1.5. Im sure im not the only 1 so ar wit this complaint, i was wondering why i cant play it. I used every method of Mswap and xploit that i could find and for some reason it doesnt work entirly for the vbapsp. its funnni is starts like any other emu does but then it jus stops and goes to the psp screen ....no error message or locking up.so i was wondering if its because all of the mswaps and xploits are for homebrew and vba isnt homebrew? PLLLLLLZZZZZ help lol im getting desperate

THX!

its better then the last one some sound does work but its not good the speed is a little better so it shows progress cant wait to see the next one i think they should just work on the fps for now worry abot the sound later lets get it up to speed thats whats most important to me good job

Quote Originally Posted by Killerd4132
    WOOO finally a GBA emulator for PSP ...lol this is so awesome; except i have 1 teenie little prob.... firmware v1.5. Im sure im not the only 1 so ar wit this complaint, i was wondering why i cant play it. I used every method of Mswap and xploit that i could find and for some reason it doesnt work entirly for the vbapsp. its funnni is starts like any other emu does but then it jus stops and goes to the psp screen ....no error message or locking up.so i was wondering if its because all of the mswaps and xploits are for homebrew and vba isnt homebrew? PLLLLLLZZZZZ help lol im getting desperate

THX!
    did you label your rom right you have to first label the folders vbapsp then you have to unzipp the rom and name it rom.gba i have 1.5 i use the xploit no swap

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information