Thread: Map question

DCEmu Newbie

Default Map question

I've been searching the forum and I still cannot find the answer I'm looking for.

My question is, is it possible to generate maps over a very long distance, say a thousand kilometers? (I have tried generating one of that scale, but it takes forever to download the map)

So what I'm wondering is, is it possible to generate the large map in smaller sections, and then combine them?

Also say your on a road trip but then you begin to leave the map area(no data at this zoom tiles), does Mapthis automatically change the map or do you have to manually change to a different map?

If these questions have been addressed, sorry for repeating them, but as I said earlier I did a search and was not able to come up with any answers to satisfy my questions.

Thanks

you can play with the zoom range to make you map smaller (but less detailed)
    also you can uncheck the map segments that you don't need to save space...

Ive got a fast internet connection of 200/200 Mbit/s and downloading maps for me is kinda up to Googles servers to keep up *Lol*

I downloaded a vast area of Sweden and i got a file about 3.5Gb in size but excluding some zoomlevels would keep the size down a bit...
    You dont need magnification bigger than 4x anyways

And no the MapThis program does not automatically load another map when the first is out of range, youll have to pull over and load it yourselve

Ive generates abut 4 diffrent maps and the one i use the most is the biggest, i generated a map for the regions i usually travel in and if i know im traveling further ill just generate those maps over night

DCEmu Newbie

I've been trying to disable 1x zoom in gmdl, still no luck.

Edit:

I found the answer to my question, so its impossible to not download the 1x (base) zoom.

DCEmu Newbie

its possible. Just u se the search function

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fischauge View Post
    its possible. Just u se the search function
    I clicked on the advanced button, selected get numbers, then set the min zoom to 3. gmdl still downloads 1x ? Am I missing something?

Thread Information