Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Not Go Down the Wrong Path - Keep Brickers Out of Homebrew

Blog Entries

psp Lets Not Go Down the Wrong Path - Keep Brickers Out of Homebrew

Yesterdays release of the rather excellent M33 Custom Firmware was overshadowed somewhat by talk later in the day that the release itself would brick PSP Consoles who go to a certain site (not this one).

A little history lesson is needed here, one of the DS Scenes best hackers himself released a bricker some time ago that did indeed brick some consoles, the worldwide anger against the hacker was in my opinion well justified, you dont post releases to destroy others consoles, simple as that. Now he had his reasons but the quickest way to harm homebrew is to release brickers its as simple as that.

Now back to yesterdays release. I personally agree with Team M33 that the site they hate are the worst s$#@! in the scene, they did the same in the PS2 scene too. But under no circumstances do you release anything that could brick consoles just because they visit that site.

Im sure that as a scene of Coders, Webmasters, Staff and Homebrewers we can ignore those sites who do harm to the scene but we dont want to hurt homebrewers like us.

I do hope that Team M33 and others dont take me the wrong way but theres always another way of skinning a cat

Thoughts Via Comments and How Would You rid the scene of the S$#@! Sites ?

Spread The Word

I agree
    Going against the site is all good and that, but deliberately bricking consoles is not the way to go.

Blog Entries

yup they took it too far. i agree completely.

What was the site that made it brick, sorry I missed it. Why didn't they just permanently block the site on the PSP?

After all they had done for the psp scene i thought they were great, but after an act like this i cant help but lose respect for the m33 team in my mind this is even worse than just putting brickers out there.... but to gain our trust and then take advantage of that... thats low, even if it was only intended to hurt a site now it will hurt all members of the psp community who brick along with those who would one day gain our admiration... will we always have to watch our back now?

Thats quite stupid.. It serve nobody. Even if the site concerned is bad for the scene, I won't hate them as mush as those responsible for making my psp useless premeditatedly..

DCEmu Newbie

PSP1: Upgraded to M33-3 NO PROBLEMS
    PSP2: BRICKED by the very same file that upgraded PSP1.

The file was obtained HERE at dcemu. Both PSP's were running the EXACT(and I mean EXACT) configuration of software/homebrew.

Finally, I have _never_ visited the ps3 site that is so taboo here. Flat out, M33 screwed up. Big time. If the bricker did what it was supposed to do, fine. But it's not, it's hurting people who think they are safe from harm. Personally, I'll never touch another M33 piece of software again, I'm already back running 3.40OE on my surviving PSP. A $170 brick is more than enough reason for me to ignore their existence, and tell everyone their software is garbage that shouldn't be touched.

This is bull$#@! M33. Your firmware is great, but an intentional brick is stooping to a level lower than plaguarism.

Immitation is the highest form of flattery, M33. Learn the meaning of this saying.

Has there actually been any real reports of this actually bricking psps?

I mean, i just thought that warning was just there to scare people into not going the site, cause they hated it for some reason. Not that it was actually going to do some actual damage.

Ive never been to that site, and im not necessarily planning on ever going there. Surely some evil people would use this to their advantage and send some new scene members who dont know what they are doing that website as something to visit for a new amazing homebrew or something..... then what happens to their psps? If this was true. Unintenstional visits are not the users fault.

DCEmu Newbie

i also updated to the latest m33 ( downloaded from this site!) and it seems that my psp is bricked, it wont load ....someone could help me? i can go into the recovery menu, how can i unbrick my psp? i dont know where i could find help instead of this site, pls help me
    i am just a sad homebrew user -.-

no no way this is horrible HORRIBLE!!!!........................o well dats life

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information