Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DSOrganize Source ripped off by Mediacart

Blog Entries

NDS DSOrganize Source ripped off by Mediacart

TheYak pmed me this news earlier.

A new slot-2 cart, the Mediacart (http://www.mediacart.cc/products.htm) uses DSOrganize's code (as well, potentially, as a couple other homebrew apps) without giving credit to the author, without compensation, and without receiving permission.

Dragonminded has a blog entry about it here: http://dragonminded.blogspot.com/

gbadev.org's DSO sticky has been following the development in this thread: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12743&start=270

I thought about modifying my signature thread or something along those lines, but it would only be seen (if even noticed) by a handful of people. When a hardworking developer gets $#@!d, it's time the the homebrew community as a whole publicizes it and boycotts the manufacturer.

Thoughts ?

It does look like your beautiful program, sorry DM... that sucks.

wow. he could easily sue their pants off. then use the money improve his already amazing program.

Indeed

They need to understand the homebrew community != the warez community. An apology should be given, and the current profit should be divided up and given to the people who these bastards ripped off.

Sadly, that wont happen, so i just say we boycott any sites who advertise this crap.

By the way, my favorite part is their website: http://www.mediacart.cc/products.htm, same config file on the EBOOKS section.

DCEmu Newbie

wow you DM can sue there pants off

DCEmu Rookie

I'm pretty pissed about it, I hate it when the hard work of people who make stuff for free and for the love of it are taken advantage of. Not only would the owners of this device think DSO and Moonshell (and many others) are pointless because they "have something better", but the developers of the stolen work would be discouraged from continuing work because someone else is taking credit and making money from their blood, sweat, and tears. In turn, the loyal users of the original programs are hurt by the lack of development because the developer lost the heart to continue.

I'm encouraging the boycott of the Media Cart and the company and if at all possible, legal action to put them out of business or at least stop further sales of the product.

DCEmu Newbie

Grrrrr. I'll do my best to spread the word and keep people from buying the MediaCart.

DCEmu Rookie

Someone should get this on YouTube and Digg. Point out the truth to the masses so the entire homebrew community and especially potential entrants into the community would know not to buy it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information