Thread: PS3NEWS,COM throws in the towel

DCEmu Pro

Default PS3NEWS,COM throws in the towel

This is what you will see if you view their site, which i advise against, since viewers get ADs which in turn fuels their purpose with a small commission per view

Attention All Visitors: Read In! - Aug 20, 2007 - 7:37 PM - by PS3News
    For the time being our Forums are turned OFF. This is at the owner's request of former Web site PS2Ownz (which is the predecessor of where we reside today). Apparently what happened is M33 released a file which contains his personal data, and at this time we are kindly asking other Web sites to remove this information so that the harassment stops.

Respected PSP sceners including Dark_AleX have been in favor of this personal data attack, but their addresses and other personal info have NOT been published and we would like to end the bickering right now versus allowing it to escalate even further.

If this is acceptable then we will completely purge our Forums of all past releases and related posts, and only link to their official Web sites with their official releases from this time onward giving them full credit and donations as they wish.

If it is not acceptable then our only choice will be to defend ourselves by doing what was done to the PS2Ownz owner which we do not wish to be done to anyone.

Please contact us (Dark_AleX, M33, Wildcard) if you would like to end this now and we will reply to you ASAP... if we do not hear from you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or two) then we will be forced into defending ourselves I guess.
    THEY DID NOT APOLOGIZE!!! They do not deserve to be let off now

I would advise site masters to demand an apology to all the software's creators. they said, as above, that they will be contacting YOU. you dont need to contact them. it is greatly owed to all 'victims', so to speak.

Note that they are vowing to remove files apon co-opertation. Their plan is obvious, lifting them selves of the bandwidth for downloading, now that they wont be crediting themselves for what they can hex edit / upload

================================================== =====
    ================================================== =====

here is a quote from a former MOD of the forums, dont take it lightly:

**** THEM!!!

They are not sorry for anything they do. I know for a fact as I am now an EX Mod from there who spoke up and got booted. I never liked the way he dealt with modding files. I had to go other sites to get the real ones.

IF you let him go this time he will just do it again. If not to M33 then to another group.

I did damage to the site this is half the reason why it went down last night. :P

PS3NEWS should chage thier name to PS3LIARS. All he does is steal everything from other sites and names it as his own. PS3LEECH is another name change.
    I would prefer not to give his name out, as I did not request his permission to quote, but I would be happy to provide it to any administrators for legitimacy reasons

PSP User

*stays away from ps3news*

DS User

It was expected, and I am quite happy. Justice fanally caught up.

DCEmu Pro

justice is an ~In Progress~

M33, DAX, and Wildc*rd have all refused to take down the files with this address 8)

it prolly wont change till all developers get an apology

ps3news is filing harassment against everyone who calls their house / does anything to it / hosts their address on site

thing is, the information is publicly attainable as long as he's registered to receive payment from advertisers (he prolly holds the record for most ads on one site)

Thread Information