Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble with DOSBOX keyboard? I made this video for YOU!

DCEmu Pro

Default Having trouble with DOSBOX keyboard? I made this video for YOU!

This is a quick and easy tutorial that will result in a portable keyboard with a PERFECT fit in your UMD tray don't worry, it doesn't involve hardware or any 'special' buying

the video is 3 and a half minutes long and shows in great detail what simple tasks will yield your FOLDING keyboard it could take you two minutes or less :thumbup:

To start, print this out:
    http://www.niwra.nl/psp/p-sprint-c/d...erty_black.gif

Do not resize it. Cut it out and the rest is self-explanitory after watching the video

On with dosbox Thanks CrazyC and team!!

DCEmu Newbie

wait wtf r u doin?

DCEmu Newbie

How to use the keyboard..?

DCEmu Newbie

Why not just say, here's a template I made you can print out?

That doesn't need a 3 min. video to go along with it. BTW, nice psp stand. Where can I buy one?

DCEmu Pro

jeez ^ ungreatful peepz eh? and i didn't make that template. someone from ps2dev forums linked it for me. and i did say print it out, which is still up there on the main post . if you dont like the video or think it's unnecessary, then move on and be done with it -- since you can figure the rest out on your own, right?

the psp stand... search ebay for the Gigapack which stopped selling in christmas 2005. it came in the package. i'm very surprised they dont sell those separately

================================================
    ================================================

how to use the keyboard?

1. tap the white key first, then green second. the letter the key-combo was on should appear in the command-line in the psp.

2. using symbols is hard to explain in text, but VERY easy to do. hold EITHER (not both) of the red keys that appear on Shift on the print-out, tap the white key of the letter you want to input, release the "red key", and tap the green. if the white key is the same as the "red key", then use the "red key" that appears on the OTHER shift. for example, to make a colin you would hold UP, tap triangle and release UP, then tap left

3. for numbers, HOLD down, and TAP X then release down. dosbox will be in number mode until you use that combination again, which you must to do use any other kind of typing. while in number mode, you can type the numbers just like you would for a letter, only instead of "green" it's "blue. so for example, to type a 0, get in number mode and tap square then tap right, or for a 1 tap square twice.... etc.

4. to toggle ARROW KEY mode, hold L+R+select+down and release. i dont fully understand what all the keys do in this mode, but i know escape and enter remain the same, and alt / ctrl are each assigned to one of the square-circle-triagle-cross keys, i forget which. for more information on this mode i would highly recommend talking to someone at the ps2dev forums. anything else i'd be happy to further clarify

=====================

i would recommend putting notes of these on the back of the keyboard print-out if you think you will have trouble with it.

DCEmu Newbie

So the Keyboard is just telling us how to combine keys? Cannot press on the Keyboard?

DCEmu Pro

well technically you can press on paper all you want not gana get anywhere though lol

and by the way, not even I can memorize all those combinations. i got most of the basic alphabet and 2 or 3 symbols by memory.... but that's it lol n i use it frequently. VERY frequently. i was a big DOS fan ::flashbacks:: those were the good ol' days

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DEugene View Post
    How to use the keyboard..?
    muhahahahahahahaha :rofl:

No way ... ur really asking that? OMFG!

This saved my boring day "How to use the keyboard? ... I printed it ect., but how do I plug it in?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sry, but it's just awesome to imagine some ppl. cutting out PAPER and wondering why nothing happens on their screen when they press "buttons" (-> PAPER buttons ) ...

omfg ... I guess I'm dying from laughing

DCEmu Pro

oh one more thing, i wouldnt call it "combining keys" (though i'm not quite sure what you mean by that ), it's just.... well, typing

how do i post a number, its too confusing for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information