Thread: Bay changes his mind and supports Paramount HD-DVD decision

ps3 Bay changes his mind and supports Paramount HD-DVD decision

via highdefdigest.com

In a story that just won't die, 'Transformers' director Michael Bay now says he over-reacted when he posted a widely-reported angry message on his web site last night, condemning Paramount for dropping its support of Blu-ray.

After huddling with Paramount brass today (and apparently watching the '300' HD DVD -- "it rocks," says Bay), the 'Transformers' director says he understands where the studio is coming from, and that after hearing Paramount's rationale for choosing HD DVD over Blu-ray, "I like what I heard."

Bay now dismisses his earlier comments as an ill-informed late night post, written in haste following dinner with three owners of Blu-ray players. "I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker," said Bay.

The full text of Bay's new post follows below:

"Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!"

So basically he says he wanted to fit in with the crowd...when he was drunk.

DCEmu Rookie

Money means a lot these days.....

DCEmu Rookie

I'll take HD DVD over Blu-ray seeing as its cheaper to purchase the players right now, plus I wouldnt support a $ony led format war - look at their previous failures with Betamax, Minidisc and more recently UMD's. lol

Nice to also see transformers 2 might now be back on

obviously gave him money aswell

i cant really afford a ps3 so this is really good news

DCEmu Legend

"The New York Times reported, citing sources close to the deal, that in exchange for 150 million dollars in financial incentives they will be exclusive for at least the next 18 months."

Gotta love this world. Can't beat em, bribe em. I didn't think the HD-DVD camp would stoop so low.

Thread Information