Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go!Explore: Satellite Navigation For PSP

Blog Entries

psp Go!Explore: Satellite Navigation For PSP

TRAVEL HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER OR MORE FUN THAN WITH PSP’S NEW GO!EXPLORE
    Satellite Navigation for In-Car or Pedestrian travel. Partnered with market leading companies to produce leading edge product. Unique ability to explore cities in 3D.

Leipzig, 22 August 2007. At its Press Conference at Games Convention today, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) unveiled Go!Explore, the new Satellite Navigation package for PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), due for release in the New Year.

Collaborating with market leaders TeleAtlas and NavNGo and utilising the very latest in map data and navigation software, Go!Explore is a state of the art, combined in-car and pedestrian GPS navigation application for PSP. Incorporating a GPS receiver and the software UMD™ (Universal Media Disc) software containing your chosen maps, Go!Explore will offer a top quality Satellite Navigation system at an affordable price.

“Bringing GPS navigation to PSP is simply fantastic and shows again the unrivalled potential of PSP,” said Stephane Hareau, PSP European Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “Developed in collaboration with key companies TeleAtlas and NavNGo, the market leaders in the map data and Navigation software industry, Go!Explore offers the best and most innovative In-Car and Pedestrian GPS navigation experience. With the ability to use 3D city maps and even 3D landmarks in certain key cities, GPS on PSP is a totally unique experience.”

Go!Explore supports 11 unique audio languages on every geographic version; English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish. Keeping up with the flexibility and future proof nature of PSP, Go!Explore has access to upgradeable Maps & Points of Interest (PoI) that can be purchased via the PLAYSTATION®Network, and to additional maps, POI, downloads and other exciting WiFi features that will be made available in the future.

Also available to accompany Go!Explore are the Car Adaptor and Car Mount accessories, which will be bundled together.

Main Product Features:
    – Multiple Languages 11 languages
    – Find & Go Easy Search & Smart Keyboard
    – Smart Zoom Automatic Zooming & Tilting
    – Explore Map Search & Explore the map
    – Points Of Interest 100 categories, with thousands of locations
    – My Data Favourites, Home, History
    – Route Settings Fastest/Shortest; Day/Night Mode;
    – Improved Graphics 3D city maps & 3D landmarks;
    – Customizable settings Customizable Route Settings & Visuals
    – Itinerary Mode Turn-by-turn overview

7 geographic versions confirmed (with country maps, hundreds of 3D landmarks and thousands of POIs available): UK/Ireland; Iberia; France; Germany/Austria/Switzerland; Italy; Benelux; Scandinavia.

Digg This News

I've feel seen this somewhere before.......

They sure took their time.

DCEmu Rookie

Default at last

Yeah at last a UK GPS for the PSP, they have taken too long to release this, but at least its better now than never

DCEmu Newbie

I hope Go!Explore will work with GPS-290. Deniska feels nervous with MapThis!

DCEmu Pro

Yeah, it should be good. I'm glad they'll include support for the whole Scandinavia. Let's see if it'll be better than MapThis. In my experience, homebrew development has almost always surpassed the official. At least we'll get a GPS compatible with MapThis.

good idea though i cant see it rivaling a tomtom.
    does this come with any yearly fees?

I can assure you that this won't come with any yearly fees but I am curious to know how this is any different from the original PSP GPS that was released and why they didn't mention any differences at all. Also, I am curious to see if this will come to America because if it does then I'm on board.

I did wonder if this would ever get released. lol ...stil got to wait till next year though.

I really hope my jap psp290 will be able to run the umd UK software when its finally out.

Damn the PVR thing and this in one day, the US really got screwed today, it's cool though.

edit: Wow now I just saw the Go!Messager that isn't for the US too, that's hilarious and sad

No PlayTV or GPS for US?! wha?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information