Thread: questions with psp290 on mapthis 0.5--3.40OEA

DCEmu Newbie

Default questions with psp290 on mapthis 0.5--3.40OEA

first thank you to deniska and in7ane for making this all possible

i am currently running 3.40OE-A on my psp TA-082.

i did get gps state on unlike i see some people having problems on even getting it on.

now i've been trying to figure out how to work my psp290 and mapthis for a few days and it wont work! so i got some questions:

1.) does having mapviewer and mapviewer% in GAME folder rather than a GAME340 folder matter? i org had it in GAME folder and then created a GAME340 folder to put it in but no difference

2.) what is this 43bin cleaner thing i've been reading about? i dled it but dont know what to do with it.

3.) i also dled USBHOSTFS-Fix, but i dunno what to do w/ it. help please?

4.) i have this bin file: gps_init_data (size 1kb). what does that do? it's located in my E: folder.

5.) i tried running kernel 1.50, but it doesn't work. should i be trying to put mapviewer/mapviewer% in my already existing GAME150 folder?

6.) what is the point of having mapviewer%? i'm not sure if it is needed anymore w/ the new mapthis v.5

now, before i put mapthis v5, i had the mapthis v4 and my psp290 did pick up about 5 satelittles (after multiple tries), but "fix:1" only 3 of those 5. i end up with two bars. when i tried connecting again that day, it found only a couple but wont fix on any of them. this was also when i had mapviewer/mapviewer% in my GAME folder.

any help would be greatly appreciated! it's been frustrating for me these past few days trying to figure this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by luunatic View Post
    first thank you to deniska and in7ane for making this all possible

i am currently running 3.40OE-A on my psp TA-082.

i did get gps state on unlike i see some people having problems on even getting it on.

now i've been trying to figure out how to work my psp290 and mapthis for a few days and it wont work! so i got some questions:

1.) does having mapviewer and mapviewer% in GAME folder rather than a GAME340 folder matter? i org had it in GAME folder and then created a GAME340 folder to put it in but no difference

2.) what is this 43bin cleaner thing i've been reading about? i dled it but dont know what to do with it.

3.) i also dled USBHOSTFS-Fix, but i dunno what to do w/ it. help please?

4.) i have this bin file: gps_init_data (size 1kb). what does that do? it's located in my E: folder.

5.) i tried running kernel 1.50, but it doesn't work. should i be trying to put mapviewer/mapviewer% in my already existing GAME150 folder?

6.) what is the point of having mapviewer%? i'm not sure if it is needed anymore w/ the new mapthis v.5

now, before i put mapthis v5, i had the mapthis v4 and my psp290 did pick up about 5 satelittles (after multiple tries), but "fix:1" only 3 of those 5. i end up with two bars. when i tried connecting again that day, it found only a couple but wont fix on any of them. this was also when i had mapviewer/mapviewer% in my GAME folder.

any help would be greatly appreciated! it's been frustrating for me these past few days trying to figure this stuff out.
    You know that my tuts apply to the 0.5 version of MapThis too
    Just check my signature

Thread Information