Thread: Project 64 Latest News - Nintendo 64 Emulator for Windows

Blog Entries

Reviews Project 64 Latest News - Nintendo 64 Emulator for Windows

Project 64 by Zilmar and co is now regarded as the best Nintendo 64 emulator of the moment.

Heres the latest news dated 21st August 2007:

Is the lack of updates, just because the donation page is down? No!

I have been distracted by another non emulator project, it was meant to take a couple of months to do, but me I kept wanting to improve it so it has taken longer then I originally expected. Now I am in the process of changing jobs. I am going to be doing a short term contact job. It might be a little while before I get back in to developing pj64. I have a have a list of things I want to do with project64. I hope I will be able to give pj64 some good attention in 2-3 months time, put it might be another 6 months.

I have been distracted by work and other projects before. This is one of the main reasons we are doing the beta program the way we are. This way we can release parts and not a complete version when we work on them. I hope when this contract is done I can spend a decent amount of time on this project getting it to run a lot better. I have been on this project on/off again for nearly 10 years. I want to get it to a point where I can say it is done someday.

The latest release is for beta testers and donators only so we have the latest public release downloadable below

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Im just waiting for the day the final 1.7 is released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by ganondorf View Post
    Im just waiting for the day the final 1.7 is released to the public.
    Yes, as am I.

I just moved, and I'll be without internet until a week from this Thursday. I'm glad to see work is progressing on the N64 site. Soon I'll be back and I'll inform the site of some utilities & emulators (I'm posting at an Apple store right now).

DCEmu Newbie

I can't wait for 1.7 either. 1.6 has a problem that plagues Majora's Mask on my computer that I CANNOT resolve. Backgrounds all over the place are missing textures. Hopefully 1.7 will fix stuff like that ... and speed up goldeneye and perfect dark in multiplayer (which is also SLOW for me). Regardless of my complaints, I have to say that even 1.6 far excedes all the others in my opinion.

A question I had, there was no "n64 help" section, so I'll ask here. Does anyone know where to find saves for Project 64. Their official site has very very few. Zophar's Domain has even fewer. Searching on google has yielded even fewer yet. Anyone help?

I can't wait for 1.7 either. 1.6 has a problem that plagues Majora's Mask on my computer that I CANNOT resolve. Backgrounds all over the place are missing textures. Hopefully 1.7 will fix stuff like that ... and speed up goldeneye and perfect dark in multiplayer (which is also SLOW for me). Regardless of my complaints, I have to say that even 1.6 far excedes all the others in my opinion.
    Those arent common problems for 1.6 You must have bad rom dumps. Make sure your rom has a [!] at the end of the roms name.

Quote Originally Posted by nate9999 View Post
    A question I had, there was no "n64 help" section, so I'll ask here. Does anyone know where to find saves for Project 64. Their official site has very very few. Zophar's Domain has even fewer. Searching on google has yielded even fewer yet. Anyone help?
    Well, are you looking for save states for any game in particular? I know, they're pretty hard to find. I've looked and have also had trouble finding any.

DCEmu Newbie

mainly looking for a save for Perfect Dark with full completion. Mario Party 2 ane 3 would be nice too.

Thread Information