Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pandora Nand Restore Patch

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    This patch makes it so that when dumping a nand, it goes to nandimage.flash, instead of nand-dump.bin
    The Pandora battery without this patch had a bug where it dumps to nand-dump.bin but when you try to flash the dump, it looks for nandimage.flash

Without the patch, you had to rename it manually from on your computer.

The reason for having a nand dump is for if your idstorage gets messed up. Then you just have to flash the nandimage.flash with the Pandora battery, and everything is fixed again.
    okay sorry but maybe i am confused? I ran your patcher first thing, before doing a dump. My dump goes to nand-dump.bin, which is both the file that pandora software says it will dump, and that it will flash.

Before the patch, would pandora have created nandimage.flash, and your program fixed it so that it dumps to the correct nand-dump.bin file?
    Or is it that before the patch, pandora would have created the nand-dump.bin but when it goes to flash it looks for nandimage.flash and your patch fixes it to look for the correct file, rather than dump to the correct file?
    If so, what you've stated above is incorrect and backwards.. please let me know i'm a little confused.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by califrag View Post
    Before the patch, would pandora have created nandimage.flash, and your program fixed it so that it dumps to the correct nand-dump.bin file?
    Due to rush or typo (who knows) the file that is needed to restore by default is called "nandImage.flash", even though the menu says "nand-dump.bin" which is the file it creates when it backs it up. After patching the elf, both options use the file name that it says in the menu I assume, I haven't bothered to change it at all since it is nice to be able to backup to a different file than the one I might want to write later.

What this patch does (or should do at any rate) can also be accomplished with a simple hexedit, though I for one think it takes some thought out of it (ie: making a backup of your NAND to MS should not be enough if you are going to be messing around with the PSP, make a backup to your PC and archive it for safekeeping too!)

Well, it worked for me, so thanks guys!!!

DCEmu Rookie

wow nice patch for people who dunno how to dump idkeys manually, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuddle View Post
    Heh, my Nod32 went nana & register the attachment as Win32/Tool.TPE.A.application.

Can any1 confirm if this is false positive?
    My Nod32 also.

Quote Originally Posted by califrag View Post
    okay sorry but maybe i am confused? I ran your patcher first thing, before doing a dump. My dump goes to nand-dump.bin, which is both the file that pandora software says it will dump, and that it will flash.

Or is it that before the patch, pandora would have created the nand-dump.bin but when it goes to flash it looks for nandimage.flash and your patch fixes it to look for the correct file, rather than dump to the correct file?
    If so, what you've stated above is incorrect and backwards.. please let me know i'm a little confused.
    I think the patch makes it search for both nand-dump.bin and nandimage.flash when trying to flash the nand. When dumping, it always dumps to nand-dump.bin, with or without the patch.

btw, I didn't make this, I said mrdude did.

so where do i put this

This seems pretty good i've heard of many problems that we're because they had to rename it and now you don't have to if you have this. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information