Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Nand Restore Patch

Default Pandora Nand Restore Patch

mrdude has released a patch for the Pandora memory stick:
    Thanks to all those involved in the pandora files - you guys know who you are!

The pandora files are great but they have a slight bug in the restore.elf file in the kd folder, as they make a nand dump nicely but forget to call it a name so it can be restored without manually renaming the dump.

This patcher patches the restore.elf file in the kd folder - so that restoring nand files can be done without having to rename the dump.

Usage.

Either copy the Restore.elf Patcher.exe to kd and exectute it from the pc, or copy your restore.elf file to the same folder as Restore.elf Patcher.exe and execute. This will produce a 'fixed' elf file which you should replace in the kd folder.

Now you will be able to restore your nand dumps without messing around - or the need of a computer. This file also creates a backup so if you prefer the original file - you will have a backup.

NOTE: Remember to remove the battery & reboot the psp after you patch the file.
    Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

[i'm not one of the people who need to use Pandora buut]:

would this need to be done if said people who used Pandora upgraded to custom firmware? or is this pre-Pandora setup?

DCEmu Rookie

id also like to know that squidman.i did use pandora battery but i have since upgraded to m33 4 and was wondering what i do with the files i dumped an do i need them?

This patch makes it so that when dumping a nand, it goes to nandimage.flash, instead of nand-dump.bin
    The Pandora battery without this patch had a bug where it dumps to nand-dump.bin but when you try to flash the dump, it looks for nandimage.flash

Without the patch, you had to rename it manually from on your computer.

The reason for having a nand dump is for if your idstorage gets messed up. Then you just have to flash the nandimage.flash with the Pandora battery, and everything is fixed again.

ahh, makes sense, well, great release then

DCEmu Regular

Heh, my Nod32 went nana & register the attachment as Win32/Tool.TPE.A.application.

Can any1 confirm if this is false positive?

cool, when i make my pandora battery i will have to make sure i use this patch

DS User

Are Nandflash images unique for every PSP? and I didn't know the ID storage was in the NAND

DCEmu Newbie

I was wondering why i couldnt flash my backup b4, fix works as advertised.

DCEmu Regular

nice by the way, is the msipl.bin from Pandora (the semi-fake one) or from MY PSP (done with the NAND dump, or... is my psp's msipl.bin actually a part of the NAND dump? Now that there's no real fear of a permanent brick, I want to figure out how to REALLY change regions (for playing foreign UMD movies)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information