id shooter Rage is free to play on Steam until Sunday, November 24 at 1pm PT / 9pm GMT.
The post-apocalyptic title is also available to purchase for £3.24 / $4.99, which represents a 75 per cent discount on its usual price of £12.99 / $19.99.
Released in October 2011, Rage is set in the near future following the impact of an asteroid on Earth.
In CVG's Rage review, our reviewer said: "While story and structure may never have been what id games were about, expertly refined gameplay mechanics are what the fans have craved and Rage has that, along with tonnes of variety."
Speaking earlier this year, id Software co-founder Tim Willits suggested that the Rage franchise still has a future within the company.
"I'm proud of what we did, I'm proud of the universe that we built, the franchise is not dead," Willits replied. "We're not doing anything immediately with it, but when I designed the universe, I designed it in such a way that it would be easy to step back into.
"I'm still proud that we did something that was different, it wasn't like the games that we've done in the past."
The last Rage-related content released was The Scorchers, a single-player DLC package launched in December 2012.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-this-weekend/