Thread: Moonshell Plugin

DCEmu Newbie

Smile Moonshell Plugin

Hi,

My name's Sondar and i have recently purchased a M3 Ds simply and have so far filled up 2 1gb micro sd cards with homebrew goodness. So now i would like to give something back to the homebrew community.

Probably my favourite thing about all the homebrew programs that i have is the Video function on Moonshell. However i really dont like having encode a video each time i watch it.

So my idea is to create a plugin Moonshell so it can play AVI, MPEG I etc. video files.

Is this possible? I have gathered some tools together (PAlib, Microsoft Visual C++ and devkit Pro) and although i have little to no experience I am really determined to create this plugin.

So, is this possible? Can you give me any tips, hints or help?

Thanks in advance,
    Sondar

I think it's possible. Well, I can't code NDS things, but I think that it could work!

I would have thought that if it was possible, it would have been done by now. But maybe nobody's bothered. I don't mind converting videos to DPG.

DCEmu Rookie

dpg was created for the low horsepower ds processors

if they could play normal avi's, etc it would be doing it already

Id say go for it, Id definity tesst the beta if you needed it. And if it works out itll be a major convienience.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ::Xraxa, plz:. View Post
    Id say go for it, Id definity tesst the beta if you needed it. And if it works out itll be a major convienience.
    Thank you! The only problem is that I dont know where to start! I know nothing about what makes up Moonshell Plugins or how to start making one.

Maybe you should take a look on the other plugins? If it can be to some help... I don't know, but try!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonic View Post
    Maybe you should take a look on the other plugins? If it can be to some help... I don't know, but try!

What sort of Plugins did you have in mind?

The other Plugins... I don't know, but maybe the DPG plugin or something. I mean, so you can se how they've built there plugins. It was just a thought.

Thread Information