Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Datels PR Disaster or Not?

Blog Entries

psp Datels PR Disaster or Not?

Datel have released some great gadgets over the years but last night it was discovered that Datel have released a new Tool Version battery which has features very close to team C+Ds Pandora release. Now as far as i know no one has verified if it has anything to do with the pandora release or indeed the person who leaked it in the first place.

As most PSP Scene fans will know the release of Pandora lets you downgrade and unbrick PSP Consoles.

Now if it wasnt made using the Pandora release then its really a great release for those who need to unbrick/downgrade their consoles.

At this time i say its time to find out facts before jumping the gun, although if its a rip off of pandora then Datel do need to donate towards team C+D. From an outsiders point of view into the PSP Scene you are getting a service mode battery and spare battery for 25$ (£12), which is decent.

More Details

DIGG THIS

The price is for EITHER the tool or the normal battery. So youd be paying £24 for both.

The battery is good for people for cannot get hold of homebrew psps to create the pandora. However, if the battery uses code from the c+d team then they should donate, and if they dont surely legal action can be taken?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Airdevil View Post
    The price is for EITHER the tool or the normal battery. So youd be paying £24 for both.

The battery is good for people for cannot get hold of homebrew psps to create the pandora. However, if the battery uses code from the c+d team then they should donate, and if they dont surely legal action can be taken?
    Nope, first of all, Sony might have something to say about this. Lets just wait and see what happens. I think that if this is classed as reverse engineering then Sony will SUE!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what sony has to say about this.

Maybe Datel gave team C+D the code to make their release more reasonable , maybe i'm overthinking.

Yes, i think sony will sue them.
    Datel sucks anyway with their cheap products. I'll be happy when their company fails and disappears.

DCEmu Rookie

but Datel do the Wifi Max....That allows me to play ad-hoc with people from the other side of the world with Xlink. They do have some good products, but i think they went a bit too far with this.

Big Mistake Is All I'm Gonna Say...

DCEmu Newbie

umm...isn't the "wi-fi max" just an over-priced usb wireless adaptor that you can get anywhere? Their AR media player for the PS2 isn't bad though, but again, thats just a rip off of swap magic with crappified functionality

this is such a rip off of the pandora. BUT if this works with the slim, it might be able to be hacked to downgrade it

Good "idea". I might gonna get one so I don't have to do this process every time I wish to downgrade or unbrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko01 View Post
    Yes, i think sony will sue them.
    Datel sucks anyway with their cheap products. I'll be happy when their company fails and disappears.
    Hahaha what the hell?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information