Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Will We See in a New DS Revision

Blog Entries

NDS What Will We See in a New DS Revision

The DS then DS Lite have both been excellent consoles and with the release of the PSP Slim with its added Ram and TV Out it may steal some of Nintendo`s Thunder but will Nintendo release a new revision of the DS Lite with More Ram, TV Out or a DS Lite Micro (basically a DS Lite that has a push in push out touchscreen bottom area with possibly a smaller sized screens on both top and bottom

Anyone else got a view or a suggestion for Nintendo, Lets Hear it.

Digg This

DCEmu Rookie

I think Nintendo is smart enough not to release so many revisions in a short amount of time. I'm not a fan of revisions anyway, old-school all the way. I'd sooner expect the next generation, maybe similar to the GBA where the third and last revision was released after the DS. I'm not sure how successful they think the GBM was, but I haven't seen it anywhere, so I'm guessing it wasn't as successful as they had hoped and they probably wouldn't go with a third revision again.

DCEmu Newbie

i doubt there will be another revision to the DS - the DS phat had room for improvement, but i don't think there's enough left to be done to the ds lite to warrant another revision. here are my predictions for nintendo's next handheld (which i think will be a lot like the DS)

-No GBA support
    -DS backward compatibility (same style cards)
    -Dual Screen (set up like slider phones)
    -320x240 resolution on both screens
    -Built-in rumble
    -Built-in Accelerometer
    -Faster processors

I don't see nintendo dropping DS compatibility in their next handheld - so the successor has to be pretty similar. 320x240 is the magic resolution where games from the 8bit and 16bit era can run without being scaled and i would bet it will have the option to run wii virtual console titles.

I dont think they can make it any smaller than it is now, the reason why they made the Micro for Gameboy was to celebrate the final days of Gameboy and its anniversary.

Besides they better not pull ANOTHER revision, cause I just bought my DS two months ago >__<

Default I for one welcome DS Advance

I would like a built in camera, and higher screen resolution, when this happens I'll buy it.

why would you need a built-in camera? is this a cell-phone or a gaming system?

simply have an increased screen res and allow all games to make use of ram expansion packs (it's stuck in the bottom of my ds gathering dust)

playing worms open warfare 2 (which is actually awesome old school wormage) really makes you wonder how much better the game would be with an increased screen res.

and removing gba support would be a stupid thing to do

DCEmu Newbie

Few things that probably will be included:
    -virtual handheld (games from gb,gbc and others),
    -mii(myamoto said that mii were made for ds first),
    -higher rezolution screens, as was said,
    -movement detector.
    There are some things that exist in ds and really need to be changed(in my opinion):
    -this crazy microphone port changed to normal mini jack(so we can connect normal head-set),
    -better wifi (the existing one is not enough strong),
    -better shulder buttons than in dslite.
    -some alternative to d-pad, that is more analog controller (no 3D-platformers on ds because of this).

DCEmu Rookie

I dont think Ninty are in any rush to release a revised DS, but I do expect they will towards the end of its lifetime, wich I expect is 4/5 years off yet. (Games are only just starting to get any good on the DS really, with exception of the nintendo games generally. I mean this in a build quality sense, and how developers are making best use of the DS).

When a revision does eventually get released, it will not be a change on the system at all.
    -The screens have to remain the same size as the games are design around this.
    -the gap between the screens has to remain the same distance as many games take this gap into concideration.
    -The resolution cannot be increased.LCD,only effective way is make screens smaller.
    -They will not upgrade the system with more ram, this is effectively releasing a new console. Games would come ou on it wich the old DS would not support. Not nintys style for sure.

That leaves us with changing the asthetics really.
    -Smaller casing, lighter, better battery, better backlight/ low reflection screen.
    -Maybe an upgrade to the wifi capabilities. More connection options, etc. These settings are game indipendant.

You get the general idea of what im saying.

I with the exception of the N64 and V-Boy, Nintendo has never failed me and I'm certain what ever there new system is, it will amaze me. With the added motion sensor that will be built into there next handheld, I think the time is right to add in TV out, but I kinda doubt they'll do that. :/ On the other hand, more speed, larger screen, and a more responsive touch screen are certainly the sort of features I'd expect, infact I think RAM expansion like the N64 and Saturn used would be a good idea me thinks.

As for the PSP slim...

...longer battery life, TV out? I think I'm going to stoop and buy a PSP as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information